Slot 1 and Slot 2 questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by theforbidden1, Aug 22, 2007.

1. theforbidden1
    OP

theforbidden1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2007
    Hello,
    I want to purchase flasing hardware in order to play both NDS and GBA games on my NDL. What is the best solution? A double flash cartidrage system?

2. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    Everyone will say get a R4DS to play commercial romz and homebrew. Then get a 3in1 from ezflash to play gba games (I don't know how to do that yet, since I don't own either).

Sounds complicated? Hopefully someone will clear it up, but I doubt someone will because this very exact topic has been discussed already. Theres already a lot of threads about this. Look around. I really wouldn't say search because the search system in a lot of forum systems don't work very well. (RELEVANCE, HELLO?)

3. phoood

phoood taking it to a whole new level.

Jul 28, 2006
    United States
    Jewgoslavia
    damn, I pressed quote >.>

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    The setup described by phoood is brilliant and inexpensive. Game compatibility is great for both GBA and NDS, so I will recommend that. The R4 does not natively support th 3in1, however there are homebrew applications that allow the card to be used by the R4.

If you need a more hardcore setup, try the EZIV Deluxe/Mini SD, or an M3/G6 Lite.

5. theforbidden1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2007
    can r4 emulate the supercard? used to boot slot2 devices?

6. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes. It doesn't emulate the Superkey though. It has a built in passme function for that purpose. Its pretty much a standard on Slot-1's nowadays

7. theforbidden1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2007
    http://www.divineo.es/cgi-bin/div-es/nds-cydsmic

i was thinking in purchase that slot 2 device. It is NDS Cyclo-DS MicroSD. But it looks like i need a Cyclo-key. Can it be emulated by r4/m3/Cyclo-DS evolution? I prefer m3 coz that store is selling it cheaper than r4 [​IMG]

8. clockworkvictim

clockworkvictim GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2005
    United States
    Go with the R4, 3in1 combo.

9. theforbidden1
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2007
    what is the 3in1 combo? i can't see it @ divineo.
    Is Cyclo-DS MicroSD any good? can it be used with r4/m3?

10. crazyshiza

crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2006
    Cyclo-DS MicroSD is basically a clone of Supercard lite, which is not great for GBA

11. Raisingod

Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Iceland
    Of course you can go with CycloDs/SCDS1 +EZV 3 in 1 as well [​IMG]

My recommendation : Look at each slot 1 flash cart and see which one you like the best then check the EZV 3 in 1 compatibility [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice