Hacking slot 1 and 2 cardsets

andrumcneil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm absolutely new here and i need some help. I've seen tons of threads comparing m3's to r4's ez flash to cycloDS etc...
But here's what i want to know. What is the best combination/combinations of slot 1 and 2 carts for someone who only wants to play NDS/GBA games.
That is all, i have no interest in mp3s, videos etc just both kinds of games. I've been torn between so many different carts looking for the right ones and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help me with this.
smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A great combo is the CycloDS Evolution with an EZ-Flash 3in1. I use it myself. The CycloDS cannot be beaten in NDS compatibility, and the only thing which beats an EZ-Flash for GBA is the M3 Perfet, which is very expensive.

andrumcneil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just to let anyone else who wants to lend their opinion to this thread know, money is not a factor for me, i dont mind paying extra to get the best product. What i was most recently looking at was the m3 perfect bundle at kickgaming but it seems that most people are more fond of the cycloDS than the m3 real.

Any other advice is welcome and appreciated.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. The CycloDS is the best flash cart out there. And they just put out a new firmware (1.4b2) that offers great compatibility with the EZ 3 in 1. No patching anything, even the NDS Browser. So much of it is just plug and play, it's amazing. Trust me, get the Cyclo DS and the 3 in 1, you wont be sorry.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Money is no factor? The acekard RPG is undoubtedly the best and most feature-ful slot-1 card available (at ~75USD).

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urza said:
Money is no factor? The acekard RPG is undoubtedly the best and most feature-ful slot-1 card available (at ~75USD).
Most feature-full?
Real time save? No
Real time cheat? No
Slow-Mo? No

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
Urza said:
Most feature-full?
Real time save? No
Real time cheat? No
Slow-Mo? No

All not useful IMO.

RTS is sloooow
RTC... is not useful
Slowdowns are now a feature, and if you're desperate for it, you can patch your games.

The custom Acekard firmware blows away every other cart with its features.

andrumcneil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up going for a CycloDS Evo from systemgears.com with bundled with a kingston 2gb micro sd for $74.99 shipping and taxes incl.

And based on what info i can gather and what most recommend i think i might be going for the EZ-Flash 3-1 for slot 2.

Any other suggestions for slot 2 are still welcome though as i haven't made a final decision yet.

woland84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
andrumcneil said:
Hi, thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I ended up going for a CycloDS Evo from systemgears.com with bundled with a kingston 2gb micro sd for $74.99 shipping and taxes incl.

And based on what info i can gather and what most recommend i think i might be going for the EZ-Flash 3-1 for slot 2.

Any other suggestions for slot 2 are still welcome though as i haven't made a final decision yet.

I'm using EZ 3in1 and it works great. Only downside is that it has only 16MB of RAM so 32MB ROMs have to be written to NOR memory and that takes more time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn