Slipknot's latest tune

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by The Teej, Jun 29, 2008.

Jun 29, 2008

Slipknot's latest tune by The Teej at 3:30 AM (1,595 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendid=3646959

What do you guys think of it? I'm kind of torn... I like it being heavier, but the pure thrashy bits I'm not really a fan of. It's weird, I really don't like the first half of the song, but the second half of the song I really, really like. Ok, so it's not as technically profecient as Vol. 3, but this is only one song. I do hope the entire album isn't all thrash, though. What *is* interesting though, is that it seems to be heavier then their previous album, which IMO is a complete opposite to what most bands do, which is start off really heavy and then gradually soften. Just a note.

EDIT: If you don't like Slipknot at all, please don't post in this thread.

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I agree with you on that, up to 1:20 it all feels a bit muddled. There's no high points or low points it's just... flat. Maybe it grows on you.

3. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I've never been a really big Slipknot fan but I always love at least one song on each of their albums. Even I'm unsure about this one however...it doesn't seem like Slipknot at all.

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Oh boy, I used to be a huge Slipknot fan (Shirts, Pins, Cassette Tapes, Every Album, all the rare shit, you name I probably had it or heard it). The new stuff is ok, All Hope Is Gone is kinda meh, It sounds a little too much like Iowa (trying to be too death metal on Iowa, S/T was the best because they were trying to be their own style). The other song that leaked Phychosocial is a little bit better, the chorus absolutely blows ass (to whiney and bullshit, Corey sounds like he is in Stone Sour.) The beginning is good, either way I am gunna buy the album just to own all their albums.

PhychoSocial:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zS-W64_wb4

^^^^
    Better song.

5. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    PsychoSocial is a little better, but even then, it's not that great of a song. It's pretty middle of the road IMO.

Man, these two tracks so far aren't getting me too hyped for their last album [​IMG]

6. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Didnt they go downward after their debut? I almost killed myself for first album and then came Iowa and I wanted to stay a fan and I listened, theyn came Vol.3 and I was "umm", and cant find these anywhere to download but ... (too lazy to post)

7. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    Vol. 3 is different to Iowa, but I wouldn't have put it down as "worse" then Iowa. I really enjoyed Vol. 3 to be honest.

8. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I dunno aye. I used to kinda like slipknot but I can't say the song has reunited any passions or anything.

9. L13SDE

Newcomer L13SDE Newbie

Australia
    I Love slipknot to the point i have the S tattoed on me but i was a bit dissapointed with Pyschosocial its good but it could have been better. But luckily All Hope is Gone was a lot better i hope the rest of the album will be a mix of Iowa and Vol 3

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Only problem I have with Slipknot is when they do slow songs.

11. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    H8rian, a.k.a. ED, their accoustics are some of the best.

@Teej: comparing to the cant-describe-how-great-time-I-had-with-(sic)-SURFACIN AND WAIT AND BLEED NOTHING COULD COMPARE