Hacking Slim PS3 CECH-2003A / FW 4.86?

Alex79uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I have a slim PS3 CECH-2003A, running official firmware 4.86.

I've never been particularly interested in hacking it, but it's recently stopped loading Bluray discs. CDs and DVDs still work fine, but I have loads of PS3 games I'm no longer able to play, so am looking to hack it.

I have looked at the guides etc, and I'm sorry but can't be 100% certain - is my console hackable? If so, is there a preferred method?

I'm not a complete novice with hacking, I've done my Vita, Wii, DS various other things in the past, but the PS3 hacking seems a lot more complicated than any of those!

Apologies in advance for asking a question that I know I could find out for myself, but honestly I have looked it up and don't want to risk wrecking the console without double checking with you guys first.

Many thanks :)

EDIT: Is this page legit...? I mean it seems a bit too...easy?

https://releaseps3jailbreak.com/ps3-jailbreak-cfw/

Last edited by Alex79uk,

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All the info you need is on PSX-Place, I think your PS3 model is hackable, if not, you can still use HEN that provides nearly the same functionalities.

What I would check is if your Blu-ray issue will make you unable to hack your PS3, I know that it's impossible to some extent on dead disc drives, yours seems to work so it may be good, you will see in time

By the way, the link that you provided is 100% a fake, there is no method to install a CFW without using an exploit beforehand on recent firmware

Last edited by Eveldee,

Alex79uk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all, I'll have a look in to this then. And yeah, that link seemed pretty fake. You have to wonder what the point of making fake sites like that is, I mean, what do they get out of it? So annoying.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all, I'll have a look in to this then. And yeah, that link seemed pretty fake. You have to wonder what the point of making fake sites like that is, I mean, what do they get out of it? So annoying.
Make you break your ps3 or install malware to steal your credit card details

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can install a real CFW on his console, there is no need for HEN.
I suggested HEN as it seems that you're less likely to get banned playing online without enabling HEN compared to CFW but yeah if he's console is compatible then better use CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs