Gaming Slim and CFW problems--please help!

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've read through a dozen guides, but am completely lost. Here's my situation:

1. Slim PSP w/ 3.71 Sony FW
2. PSP Fat Battery that I hard moded
--I don't know if I did it correctly though. I cannot power up the PSP when I put the battery in, however, if I connect the PSP to AC power and then remove AC power the battery seems to power the PSP (green light stays on). Yet I cannot power down without taking out the battery.
3. 4GB Sandisk Ultra II MS
4. a "drag and drop" Magic Memory Stick file set
--I have a mac and cannot make the MMS on my own

So my issue is that whenever I power up the PSP (through AC power) it does nothing. The orange power light comes on (it's green when I disconnect AC), but nothing ever happens.

Is this a problem with the battery or the MS or something else?

Thanks!

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The psp should auto boot when you place the battery in it. I would check if you disconnected the pin in the battery all the way.

Edit: Then again I softmodded my battery. I don't know if it should autoboot like a softmodded one. They should both work the same way.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I was sure to remove the pin completely.

The battery doesn't auto-boot--does this mean I did the hardmod incorrectly?

And Ryukakashi I have held the L button (and not) when placing the battery in and when connected to AC, but nothing different happens.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My battery didn't auto boot, but that might have been because I hardmodded the slim battery.

I assume you already tried holding L and booting the PSP without the AC in. Or rather you can't because it won't boot without the AC.

I don't think it's a problem with the memory stick, but I can't really help you with a phat battery. Sorry.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm definitely more worried about the battery.

My only concern about the memory stick is that it is drag and drop and not created with one of those programs.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can be safer by running vmware or virtual pc. Or have a friend make it with one of the programs. I just remembered that the MMC has to be made with the PSP.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll try to find a friend who'll let me use their PC. Does it have to be any special version of Windows? What's the name of the best program to use?

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know if a 4GB Sandisk Ultra is an okay card or do I need a smaller one?

Shiny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgamer said:
Yeah, I'll try to find a friend who'll let me use their PC. Does it have to be any special version of Windows? What's the name of the best program to use?

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know if a 4GB Sandisk Ultra is an okay card or do I need a smaller one?
I suggest using the Easy Installer because I have personally used it and it works perfectly. It's very user friendly and gives clear on-screen instructions. Just follow the guide and it should all work out fine (: I know that it works with Windows XP, but I've read that it may have trouble formatting properly under Vista.

And about the memory stick: It should be fine; that's the same type that I used.

Just so you know: just dragging and dropping the files won't work because the PSP will expect certain files to properly aligned in the memory stick for it to recognize it as 'genuine'.

macgamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arctic_flame said:
You've hardmodded it wrong, I'm afraid.
Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks.

EDIT: Good news! I charged the battery and it now autoboots! Shouldn't be much of an issue now if I can get the memory stick to work.

Would anyone who has CFW'd their slim mind linking to a good, easy to follow tutorial? I just want something simple so that I don't have to impose on my friend for very long while I try to follow a badly written tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool