Gaming Slim 250GB Factory HDD sluggish/corrupt?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My buddy has a slim 250GB harddrive that seems to "freeze" up the initial XBOX 360 splash screen. I popped it into my Xberx and it did the same thing. I waited and eventually (2 minutes or so) it gave me a blank screen and the spinny circle. After another minute or two, the dashboard finally came up. I took a look into the storage to see what the problem might be. There were 227GB free of what looks like 229GB, so it wasnt a space issue. Some of the different categories on the drive seemed to take their sweet time opening up too.

So I did what any logical super user would do, I began the steps for formatting the drive. Before doing so I noticed there was a file under "games" labeled "unknown game". I figured that must have been the problem.

Reset the Xberx and its still a 3 or 4 minute boot up. Im not sure whats going on here. Is the drive defective or is there some kinda update it needs?

DinohScene I summon you! And anyone else!

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pft. 360 elite yo.

Sounds like it's dying my 360 would take years to boot with my HDD that was dying. I recommend buying a proper Western Digital 250GB HDD, and flash it to work with the 360. Cheapest option out there. Assuming you've already formatted and also cleared the system cache.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha i dont think he care that much. If we do anything ill probably extract his phat Hdd out of its shell and he can use the slim if his phat ever dies. Thanks for the quick replies. I kinda figured it was dying, I just didnt want to see it :bortz:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans