Slight problem with my friend's DS...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SonicRax, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008
  1. SonicRax
    OP

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    The deal is, my friend wanted a ROM for his DS, Megaman SF 2 I believe. His DS had already suffered a previous problem, which was the top screen becoming off-colour and on-colour at random intervals.
    Anyway, we tried to load the ROM onto his flashcart, only for the ROM to say it couldn't read the save file, which was rather weird, as my version of the same flashcart could play it. So he loaded up Custom Robo, and started to play, only for his touchscreen to randomly die 5 minutes later. He had to turn off his DS, but when he turned it back on, nothing came up. Just a green light and no lights on the screen, no sound, just that one green light.

I had one theory about it, but wasn't too sure: DS Emulators need the 2 BIOS files and the firmware to get the emulator to work and implent touch-screen functions respectively. Perhaps the ROM was corrupted, and deleted these from the DS, but I don't have anything to back that up.

...But yeah. I just really need some advice from someone, as my friend was really upset about it, and I would like to help him fix it. ._. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. jaz

Newcomer jaz Advanced Member

Australia
    Yea, get it repaired, it sounds like a pretty screwed up/abused DS. Don't think it was the rom, unless somehow it contained one of the two DS brickers and for that to happen your rom site must really hate you

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    What flash card was he using, and does he or do you have any real DS game cards to test out?

4. SonicRax
    OP

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    Well, he was using an R4DS, with a 1GB Micro SD, and we tested out nearly every real cart I have, and still no luck. [​IMG]

And yeah, it was pretty abused. xD It looks like we may have to ge it repaired, but sadly I don't really know anyone apart from Nintendo that could do it. ._.