Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
slice-the-pie-logo-thumb-200x196.jpg

Just recently found out about this site, and I must say it's much better than expected.
Basically you register (ANY COUNTRY, 13 years old, PayPal is needed), and then you have to listen to songs from beginning artists. You have to listen at least 90 seconds before you're able to submit your review.
In the review you tell what you think about the song, what you like, and what you don't like. Here's an example review of me.
This is a great song and performance. The melody is strong and tuneful. The singer really doesn't have an attractive vocal tone and puts real feeling in his voice and in the lyrics. There are some punchy phrases in the lyrics. Also instrumentally the song has a rich and full accompaniment that complements the vocal track perfectly. Around 2.10 there's also a great guitar solo. This adds to my feeling that the overall performance quality is very high, both vocally and instrumentally. It definitely has strong commercial potential.

The longer and the better your review is, the more you get paid. Usually I get between 0,05-0,10 per review.
For each review you submit you also get experience, which makes you advance in levels. Next to levels there are also ranks, if you advance a rank the minimum amount of money you get per review increases!
6077595_f520.jpg

They recently added a referral program, for whatever one of your referrals earns you get 10%.

Register via my referrallink if you want to do me a favour :)

Register normally, no one gains anything with this link

I've listened and reviewed for about 15 minutes so far, and earned 0,70 so far, just by listening to some (sometimes enjoyable) music and writing about it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a try!

EDIT: Well they certainly have a limited music selection don't they? Only reviewed like 12 songs before they ran out of "suitable selections". They also need a skip button, I got the same song twice. Other than that the site is pretty ok.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You only have to be 13 but you need paypal? The paypal terms state you must be over 18 to have an account there. So you'd be violating their terms if you were between 13 and 18 and used this site. You'd think a legit site would have thought of that.

And also, that seems like a pathetically small amount of money. Yeah you're not doing too much, but you may as well do some real work and get a real wage, rather than waste hours reviewing songs you don't really want to listen to and getting three dollars for it or whatever.

EDIT: FYI, according to the figures on their home page and a quick calculation, the average payout per review is about $0.12. Nothing to get overly excited about IMO.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You only have to be 13 but you need paypal? The paypal terms state you must be over 18 to have an account there. So you'd be violating their terms if you were between 13 and 18 and used this site. You'd think a legit site would have thought of that.

And also, that seems like a pathetically small amount of money. Yeah you're not doing too much, but you may as well do some real work and get a real wage, rather than waste hours reviewing songs you don't really want to listen to and getting three dollars for it or whatever.

EDIT: FYI, according to the figures on their home page and a quick calculation, the average payout per review is about $0.12. Nothing to get overly excited about IMO.
Student accounts can be made for kids 13+.

I thought Paypal doesn't actually ask you for your age IIRC when you first register?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Student accounts can be made for kids 13+.

I thought Paypal doesn't actually ask you for your age IIRC when you first register?
Interesting, I did not know this. Ignore that part of my post then.

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seems legit..... :creep:
no really, it does! from what i've read on google it really seems trustworthy

@prowler honestly when the site's this good, i don't care if he's advertising a bit or not. besides he mentions in the title it's a referral link, and he puts the normal link next to it. can hardly call that malicious or provocative

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@prowler honestly when the site's this good, i don't care if he's advertising a bit or not. besides he mentions in the title it's a referral link, and he puts the normal link next to it. can hardly call that malicious or provocative
He edited it and then put the normal link there, at first there was just the referral link. Sites like this appear and disappear all the time.

Reactions: 1 person

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He edited it and then put the normal link there, at first there was just the referral link. Sites like this appear and disappear all the time.
No I didn't, the normal link was there are all along. (although it was in a smaller font size)
I edited the post to change the lay-out and add the logo.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So far I've got about 8 dollars, and I've worked about 2 hours for it now. Work however is very harsh word for it, because I do it while doing other stuff, and whenever I want to do it.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty neat way to make some extra change. Gonna bookmark this...

Also, what's the trick? It keeps telling me that it is "Unable to confirm a valid review on this occasion". What's up with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM