Sleeping Dogs

S

SixSenseEagle

I can't wait I will be getting this, but I was wondering why they change the name from True crime to Sleeping dogs?.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait I will be getting this, but I was wondering why they change the name from True crime to Sleeping dogs?.
Originally it wasn't a True Crime game to begin with, it was originally an new IP called Black Lotus until Activision thought it would sell well with the True Crime label.

I'm looking forward to it, I'm not expecting anything amazing but I reckon it'll be a solid title. Hopefully I'll be reviewing it for the site.

Reactions: 1 person

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it looks pretty sweet but i'd like to comment that i 100%'ed saints row 2 and 3 without the easy slow-mo action. the frustration of learning to shoot while driving at full speed was something i really enjoyed. i guess it will be one of those love it or hate it features.

the hand-to-hand combat looks really fun. i can't wait to get some playtime with this game.

-another world

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the hand-to-hand combat looks really fun. i can't wait to get some playtime with this game.
Apparently Square Enix London are helping with the combat and they were also the ones who helped Rocksteady with the combat on their Arkham Asylum.

Have to say while I'm finding modern SE games to be really lacking but I've really enjoyed a lot of the work of their Western studios and SE seem to be managing the ones they bought up quite well.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Combat system looks awesome and I like arcade driving style.

IGN said:
The million dollar question: Is there multiplayer in Sleeping Dogs? The short answer is no. There will, however, be leaderboards and stats that you can share online with other players.
Me sad.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I can certainly see it being better than a lot of games that draw inspiration from similar things (mainly Wet, Stranglehold and dare I say Shenmue and slightly further afield The Getaway and the GTA series*) but I can not shake the feeling that is going to be a jack of all trades, master of none and given we have awesome third person shooting titles, great fighting games (my main reason for mentioning shenmue although there have been some recent ones that work) and great city type driving games (looking mainly at the need for speed series) I am almost starting to get a bit tired of these all in games (still nowhere close to burnout).

*I have yet to actually play a Saints row game so I can not comment there.

On the other hand stick that engine on a huge map and call it just cause 3 and you can bet I will enjoy it.

This said I am probably unfavourably comparing it to Watch dogs.

Edit- forgot to mention the contextual fighting setpieces. They looked to be done well but I have never seen a truly good one that was not the result of messing around with a strategically placed explosive barrel and some ragdolls.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im getting GTA: Chinatown Wars with just a little bit of Saint's Row from this, I find that to actually be a good thing. The mechanics already "look" polished, just bring the city a little more to life with some flair and gloom, and it may be an authentic and best selling title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: