Sleeping Dogs

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 25, 2012.

Jul 25, 2012

Sleeping Dogs by Chanser at 7:38 AM (4,017 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
  2. SixSenseEagle

SixSenseEagle Newbie

I can't wait I will be getting this, but I was wondering why they change the name from True crime to Sleeping dogs?.

3. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Activision own the True Crime brand, so they dumped the game. Square Enix picked them up though.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Originally it wasn't a True Crime game to begin with, it was originally an new IP called Black Lotus until Activision thought it would sell well with the True Crime label.

I'm looking forward to it, I'm not expecting anything amazing but I reckon it'll be a solid title. Hopefully I'll be reviewing it for the site.

1 person likes this.
  5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    it looks pretty sweet but i'd like to comment that i 100%'ed saints row 2 and 3 without the easy slow-mo action. the frustration of learning to shoot while driving at full speed was something i really enjoyed. i guess it will be one of those love it or hate it features.

the hand-to-hand combat looks really fun. i can't wait to get some playtime with this game.

-another world

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Apparently Square Enix London are helping with the combat and they were also the ones who helped Rocksteady with the combat on their Arkham Asylum.

Have to say while I'm finding modern SE games to be really lacking but I've really enjoyed a lot of the work of their Western studios and SE seem to be managing the ones they bought up quite well.

7. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    Combat system looks awesome and I like arcade driving style.

Me sad.

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Now I can certainly see it being better than a lot of games that draw inspiration from similar things (mainly Wet, Stranglehold and dare I say Shenmue and slightly further afield The Getaway and the GTA series*) but I can not shake the feeling that is going to be a jack of all trades, master of none and given we have awesome third person shooting titles, great fighting games (my main reason for mentioning shenmue although there have been some recent ones that work) and great city type driving games (looking mainly at the need for speed series) I am almost starting to get a bit tired of these all in games (still nowhere close to burnout).

*I have yet to actually play a Saints row game so I can not comment there.

On the other hand stick that engine on a huge map and call it just cause 3 and you can bet I will enjoy it.

This said I am probably unfavourably comparing it to Watch dogs.

Edit- forgot to mention the contextual fighting setpieces. They looked to be done well but I have never seen a truly good one that was not the result of messing around with a strategically placed explosive barrel and some ragdolls.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  9. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    Im getting GTA: Chinatown Wars with just a little bit of Saint's Row from this, I find that to actually be a good thing. The mechanics already "look" polished, just bring the city a little more to life with some flair and gloom, and it may be an authentic and best selling title.

10. SSVAV

Member SSVAV Lurker in space

France
    This one's not for those faint of heart.

Man did he just drop a motor on that guy's chest. And the ending is... peculiar.