Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition for PS4/XO (Outed by Amazon)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I played Sleeping Dogs on my 360 and it was so glitchy and buggy as hell but it didn't ruin the fun for me (the QTE was lame), although to get it to the state of "Definitive Edition" they would need to get rid of all those glitches and bugs which probably they won't (better graphics + all DLC = done!).​
Here's one of those glorious times:​

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a distinct lack of Baha Men in the original version. I can only hope this upscaled edition fixes this egregious error.

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looked pretty awful on PS3 when compared to PC on max. So this is welcome news indeed, particularly if it will help us get a sequel.

Sleeping Dogs is infinitely better than GTA in design simply because of what they did with the budget and production hangups they had. What's GTA's excuse for its glitches, uninspired game design and lack of ambition in V? Even IV was more ambitious, and most of its flaws were forgivable given the generation shift. Considering how much they pushed boundaries and design with San Andreas, and the lesser budget, it's kind of ridiculous V turned out the way it did. And all that time and money being spent on GTAOnline is definitely not worth a crappier single player experience. Even in single player they act like heists and the missions from them would play a significant role but we get, what, 4 or so of them? Ridiculous.

The biggest flaw with Sleeping Dogs is only a few design decisions and the terribly predictable and awful story. It was truly a wasted opportunity from that perspective but at least they tried and succeeded with new things for gameplay. The game is rather solid given its budgetary constraints. And even if you ignore that, the game is just fun.

It would really be the sweet spot to have GTA for that polished but hollow experience, Saints Row for the off the wall, crazy arcade experience, and Sleeping Dogs for the middle ground and different combat focus.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It looked pretty awful on PS3 when compared to PC on max. So this is welcome news indeed, particularly if it will help us get a sequel.

I recall reading an article of Sleeping Dogs' sequel being in the works so this is probably to make up until they release Sleeping Dogs 2.

Nintendogs, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs.. what's next Duty Dogs?

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
This release is bad news. Get on with Sleeping Dogs: Peasant HD edition, and please work on Sleeping Dogs 2.

I really got into the story of the first SD, I want to see it continued.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Picked this up on PC for 5 bucks (steam sale). Was pretty good. I'd say even VERY good. Never noticed any glitches whatsoever (okay, it wasn't exactly bought on launch day) and looked great. I first assumed this was about the rumored sequel, but I guess it isn't...yet. :(

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sleeping Dogs is pretty good. Story is not the best but actually believable.

Hopefully they rework the romance part (so short and weak) and refine hand to hand combat on the sequel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night