Hacking Sleep mode trick for Max Media Launcher?

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I did that a couple times. However, sometimes it would lock my whole system. Plus, it's annoying to have to take around another cart everywhere you go and then every time you start the system you have to swap them out. The foil trick is quite easy and as far as I can tell it's harmless. Might as well just turn the MML into all the other nopass cards.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got the MML for the DS lite. Was using it for a while, without sleep mode and the functions of flashme I decided to flashme the lite instead. Its easy if you use foil on the end of a screwdriver and insulate it. Thats all I think the MML is fit for installing flashme.

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not too confident about using flashme as I always have pretty bad luck when it comes to electrical stuff
laugh.gif
. Plus I have only had my DS Lite for 4 days so far... may be tempted eventually tho.

This MML mod looks a bit easier to do tho, and less risky.

And yeah, it works alright if u put a real game in after MML has loaded - but as illumina said, i dont find it very practical to have to carry around a spare game and swap it in and out all the time really.

smile.gif

EDIT: OK, trying to do the mod now and its pretty damn difficult with just a blunt scissors and a wooden toothpick! lol. My tin foil keeps warping or getting crumpled, and the toothpick just mashes the foil up rather than making it stick to the pins.... Guess I need a scalpel for this really.

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Success! Finally managed it, ended up using a sharp kitchen knife to do the cutting and a toothpick to push the tinfoil into the pin grooves.

Can confirm it works properly
smile.gif
Even if mine does look a bit of a bodge job
laugh.gif

picture2214bb.jpg

(Sorry camera phone)

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Success! Finally managed it, ended up using a sharp kitchen knife to do the cutting and a toothpick to push the tinfoil into the pin grooves.

Can confirm it works properly
smile.gif
Even if mine does look a bit of a bodge job
laugh.gif

picture2214bb.jpg

(Sorry camera phone)
lol watch the tin foil comes of when you take the game out and it frys your ds. you send it back in and they ship it back to you and say that it is not a manufacturers error
wacko.gif

sabotage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or is this a 'bug' that should have been fixed before shipping? I mean, its such a simple solution.

Is there the same Download Play issues as with FlashME? I.E. hosting a single card game.

FlashME vs. MML - pros/cons besides sleep issue?

Malc`

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol watch the tin foil comes of when you take the game out and it frys your ds. you send it back in and they ship it back to you and say that it is not a manufacturers error
wacko.gif

Can that actually happen? I inspected the DS slot before i did this and it looks pretty much self enclosed (like its seperate from the rest of the DS).

Got me panicking now
tongue.gif
Might have to remove the mod.

rofl2.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see how the mml is only fit for flashing the DS if it's the exact same as the passcard 3.

It had no sleep mode, I could have lived with that and putting a game cart in. I did find that it wouldn't boot up GBA games unless I removed the MML. All the MML did for me was basically bootup to the supercard. Its a good product, but its not for me.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
wacko.gif

Can that actually happen? I inspected the DS slot before i did this and it looks pretty much self enclosed (like its seperate from the rest of the DS).

Got me panicking now
tongue.gif
Might have to remove the mod.

rofl2.gif
I've removed the card and reinserted it SEVERAL times and the foil hasn't moved at all. As long as it's wedged in there good I don't see this happening. I wouldn't worry about it.

metzler555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somone over at maxconsole bridge his flashed ds pins in this same way. 1 to 7 connecting. This made his flashed ds go to sleep mode without a cart in. I believe this is how the MML works also. You're actually modding your ds with the tin foil, even though the mod is mounted on the MML. but as far as why this works for the ds IDK really. I may try this soon enough. Anyone know of any better material for this mod? perhaps some very thin metal from altoids or some kind of candy tins?

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The sad part here is... if it was this easy to get the MML to allow sleep mode, how come the devs didn't do it??? (I can't believe they didn't know that, they built the freakin' thing!).

Weird.
J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.