Sleep mode doesn't work on SXOS 2.0 in emunand

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by der:Tom, Sep 24, 2018.

1. der:Tom
    OP

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Yesterday I wanted to test the new Nand feature of sxos 2.0, everything worked fine so far but now I got the problem that the Switch crashes when I send it to sleep mode while in emunand (fw 5.1 on emunand), the original Nand with horizon 6.0 works fine.
    Anyone else got this problem?

2. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm still on 1.7 or something but it's possible all these crashes and bugs are caused by code that was deliberately left fubar to see if it would get taken by TX.

Full Metal likes this.
  3. thefunkygibbon

thefunkygibbon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2008
    what?

4. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

Sep 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I think he's saying that it's possible that since SX OS uses code from other people's projects that they could intentionally be putting in code that would cause problems when used as it's implemented in SX OS, pure speculation though so don't take it too seriously unless this is proven to be the case.

5. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008

6. marveldragon

marveldragon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    I was having the same issue but not anymore.

When I was having the issue:
    NAND FRM = 5.1.0
    EMU FRM = 6.0
    EMU SIZE = 5GB
    COPIED User partition
    EMU Free Space = ~1GB.

STOPPED Happening:
    NAND FRM = 5.1.0
    EMU FRM = 5.1.0
    EMU SIZE = 5GB
    EMU Don't Copy User partition
    EMU Free Space = ~4GB
    NOTE: When I did this I did not get the freezing issue anymore but Octopath stopped working for me. When I mounted I could not start the game anymore. However other games I never played worked.

Works Fine:
    NAND FRM = 5.1.0
    EMU FRM = 5.1.0
    EMU SIZE = 10GB
    COPIED USER partition
    EMU Free Space = ~6GB
    NOTE: Octopath works and no crashes from playing games and sleeping. Might be either the firmware or the amount of free space you have left. I would update my emuNAND firmware to test but I rather count my blessings and not test my luck at this point.

7. drfunkenstein2k

drfunkenstein2k Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2011
    United States
    I installed EMUnand with default settings.
    I do not use autoRCM.
    I updated Emunand to fw6.0 and i have not experienced any problems with sleep mode or crashes.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  8. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I haven't experienced any issue.

Pure Sysnand unlinked from Emunand

Pure sysnand 6.0, emunand 6.0 5GB + Copied USER

comput3rus3r likes this.
  9. der:Tom
    OP

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Thx for your input guys, gonna test this later again.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What do you mean by "unlinked"?

Last edited by der:Tom, Sep 25, 2018
  10. thaikhoa

Sep 16, 2008
    After creating emunand, factory restore sysnand (without memory card plugged in) will unlink the two nands. It means the two nands no longer share the same Nintendo folder (Content and save) on the memory card. So you can control the content for each nand by renaming Nintendo folder as I said above.

If you don't unlink the OS will delete all data which doesn't exist on the nand it's not installed.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Sep 25, 2018
  11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    How are people updating EmuNAND to version 5.1 from fw6.0 nand op mentions? I didn’t know you could update a chosen firmware.

Don’t tell him that it doesn’t write the EmuNAND to the sd card at all, it writes it to the actual nands memory, if you delete your system nand memory it will delete everything.

Last edited by Reecey, Sep 25, 2018
  12. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    So, as you made more free space in emunand, it became more stable?

Makes me think that some bug is progressively 'eating up' emunand, and the more you have the longer until it inevitably crashes.

13. thaikhoa

Sep 16, 2008
    No, factory restore or any functions that delete things on the OS wont delete the created emunand.

Unless you restore BOOT1/ USER partition or delete NAND00 / 01.bin in the partition it will delete the emunand.

14. marveldragon

marveldragon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    I won’t say it inevitably crashes. Been running it for 10+ hours so far without it crashing and me playing different games. But freeing up the space seems to be the case for me that or I screwed up when I updated my firmware with Choi.

UPDATE:
    I can now honestly say it is not freeing up space on the NAND. It is a problem with 6.0 for me. I updated my emuNand again to 6.0 and it crashes. I updated my sys to 6.0 and it crashes. I removed my emu and just ran with sys and it crashes. I reverted back to 1.9 and it runs fine. Seem to be an issue with 2.0 and 6.0. I had no issue with 5.1.0

Last edited by marveldragon, Sep 26, 2018
  15. DocBo

DocBo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Germany
    Is it possible to use ChoidujourNX on EmuNAND to Down/Upgrade the EmuNAND?!

16. marveldragon

marveldragon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    Yes.

DocBo likes this.
  17. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    You burned your fuses since you have an updated OFW/sysNAND.
    Check using Hekate, you must have 7 burned fuses.

Sleep mode is broken when you have too many burned fuses, this is expected behavior, as explained here by CTCaer (dev of the current Hekate fork):
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...tore-crashes-after-sleep.519091/#post-8301468

Not sure why you are trying to run a lower FW emuNAND while having a high FW sysNAND. Is it for better Homebrew support?

DocBo and Draxzelex like this.
  18. DocBo

DocBo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Germany
    The main question was, when i use ChoidujourNX to downgrade the EmuNAND, will the "SysNAND untouched"?!

Yes for better Homebrew support.

Last edited by DocBo, Sep 26, 2018
  19. marveldragon

marveldragon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    SysNand will not be touched. Only emuNand will be. Having said that, the EmuNAND will not work properly with 5.1.0 if you have updated to 6.0 and burnt your fuses.

DocBo likes this.
  20. DocBo

DocBo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Germany
    Yes, the EmuNAND is on 5.1 and the only thing that wont work is the sleep mode.