Skyward Sword problem. Couldn't find it in any other topic.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by VIStrings, Dec 11, 2011.

1. VIStrings
    OP

Newcomer VIStrings Member

Portugal
    I modded my Wii back around February so I'm still using whatever version of the modding files was out at the time. I tried running Skyward sword and I got a weird flickering. The opening movie also had sound issues and it's pretty clear that something's not right.
    I updated my USB loader, no dice.

I tried to download ModMii (I thought of doing a complete update... You have to use ModMii for that, right?) but for some reason the ModMii window is incredibly small and I can't read anything. Is it even a problem ModMii can fix? I tried searching and couldn't find anything about it, maybe it's something else?

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Flickering hm? Make sure all video patches are set to off, this could cause a problem. Is the game from your region?

3. VIStrings
    OP

Newcomer VIStrings Member

Portugal
    Not sure what video patches are, but I'll try it out with a PAL release. I recently switched to a HD TV so I thought that might be it but I just tried 3 or 4 other games and there seemed to be no issues.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Ah ok so you have a PAL wii and a NTSC release. I have a PAL wii too and I haven't got a problem to play the NTSC release on my HDTV. Maybe you should enable video patches :P Go into the settings of the game and enable video patch force PAL60 or force NTSC with sneek video patch. Then the game should work fine.