Hacking Skyward Sword keeps resetting to the menu, 1st WM+ game, solution

benhamilton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having problem loading the game via cfg as the screen goes blank. However, I am having problems attempting either of the two suggested workarounds for this.

Although I used ModMii to mod the Wiiat first, I am now using a different SD card, and I do not think it has enough on it to do either of the two suggested things.

According to cfg (v70, 249) my IOS is IOS249 rev20 mload v1.0. The IOS screen in the options says;

ISO222:stub
ISO223 to IOS248 not installed
IOS249 Base : 57 rev20 (r20)
ISO250 Base: 57 rev20 (r465535)

My SD card only has three launchers on it now, and there was no 'Wad Manager' option when you go to the HBC.

When following instructions for workaround 1, I've used ModMii's download options to get the cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6.wad file, but have no idea how to install this to the Wii. I've created a WAD folder on the SD card. I've also downloaded "WAD Manager17" which is a .dol file (WAD-Manager_v1.7.dol), but this won't show up on the HBC no matter where I put the .dol file (apps folder, root, etc.). Do I need to rename it?

As for the second work aorund, I have a launcher which provides the option of an alternative dol, Neogamma, which gives options of "storage", "disc" etc, but when I select storage, it says "SOUP01.dol" not found, and there's no option to select player.dol (which is a file I don't appear to have anywhere on my SD card anyway).

Can anyone help me? I went out to buy a Motion Plus accessory today so I could try and play this game.

Even though the Wii is already mod'd using ModMii, could I go through this whole process again and somehow amend my cIOS to the suggested one?

Sorted it now. had to rename the WAD Manager .dol to boot.dol and then it worked and I just installed the WAD file. Watching the video now! Wicked! :DD

benhamilton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to rename the doll to boot.dol (it was named 'wad manager.dol')! Now it works and I've applied the WAD and am now playing SS! Woohoo!!!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
doesnt the 249 base need to be ios 56, all these peeps that are having issues seem to have 57 base 249, i have pal 4.2 wii, d2x base 56 249 base 57 250, and both vers of zelda (pal and ntsc) cod mw3 and mario sonic olympics 2012 all play fine, didnt change anything at all, except for 250 for mw3, i mentioned these games as they are all ive got lately..

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have is: Wii 3.2u and NeoGamma R9 beta 50, IOS249 (REV 17)

My one question for d2x cIOS installer v3.1:

- Download and extract to SD/USB
- Load the HBC and load the d2x installer
- Select IOS36 or 236 to use during the installation
- Select cIOS to install
- Select base IOS i.e
- Select cIOS slot i.e
- Press A to install

Then

Do the same for IOS250 but with base 57 like this:

- Select IOS250
- Select cIOS to install
- Select base IOS i.e

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i saw a website saying that this game needs to be patched before playing...anyone tried it? does it work?
there's even a torrent of this game + the patch...

nexium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else have skyward sword completly shut off there wii during the sailcloth cermeny when your using the cloth for the first time actually? Seems to really crash during major cut scences anyone else have this issue. I read somewhere that if kirby worked you shouldnt have an issue but i seem to being and just when it was getting good

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game boots to a black screen with WiiFlow, official build 417 (or whatever the latest official version is), and with the latest D2X V7 Beta cIOS (Base 58 installed.

I don't have a WiiMotion+, but I assume the game should actually BOOT, right?

Also, I find no option to block IOS reload in wiiflow in the game options. Is it a global option, for all games?

EDIT: Is it necessary for me to use base 56? Base 58 boots ALL my games, and i don't want to mess with it for fear I'll screw up something...

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
This sucks..

Anyways, I have Black Screen after WM+ calibration, I have watched the video on Wii Sports Resort..

Using CFG loader, d2x249v6 Base 56, installed using the official HBC installer.
IOS Reload Blocked, no other options checked.

EDIT: Tried with d2xv7a5, same problem

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the fix/patch people are including with it are just the d2x wads, no fix/patch is needed as i dled and played without doing anything, botht the ntsc and the pal

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i saw a website saying that this game needs to be patched before playing...anyone tried it? does it work?
there's even a torrent of this game + the patch...

If you patch the game, chances are that the game won't work because of that.

The game boots to a black screen with WiiFlow, official build 417 (or whatever the latest official version is), and with the latest D2X V7 Beta cIOS (Base 58 installed.

I don't have a WiiMotion+, but I assume the game should actually BOOT, right?

Also, I find no option to block IOS reload in wiiflow in the game options. Is it a global option, for all games?

EDIT: Is it necessary for me to use base 56? Base 58 boots ALL my games, and i don't want to mess with it for fear I'll screw up something...

WiiFlow should have the option since r355 if my google search is correct, the option has to be there somewhere. Without WM+ the game won't work, but you are right, it should show some kind of warning screen about that. The black screen could come from using a wrong video mode, patching something that you should not patch, or a corrupted .iso. Can you try to put the game on a different filesystem? Or at least in a different format? Best would be to even use a different backup manager. Did you patch the .iso in any way? If yes, undo that.

This sucks..

Anyways, I have Black Screen after WM+ calibration, I have watched the video on Wii Sports Resort..

Using CFG loader, d2x249v6 Base 56, installed using the official HBC installer.
IOS Reload Blocked, no other options checked.

EDIT: Tried with d2xv7a5, same problem

Hmm, i can only suggest you try the same stuff that i suggested chaosdarkneo.

manbig18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the good version and i got d2x v6 cIOS with base IOS56, slot 249 on neogamma but still goes bak to wii main menu i tried the d2x v6 cIOS with base IOS56, slot 249 with block ios thing and still it either stays green or says error 002

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i did the good version and i got d2x v6 cIOS with base IOS56, slot 249 on neogamma but still goes bak to wii main menu i tried the d2x v6 cIOS with base IOS56, slot 249 with block ios thing and still it either stays green or says error 002

Did you patch the .iso? 002 error sounds like you did. Are you using the latest NeoGamma version(R9b50)? Are you using the correct video mode?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow should have the option since r355 if my google search is correct, the option has to be there somewhere. Without WM+ the game won't work, but you are right, it should show some kind of warning screen about that. The black screen could come from using a wrong video mode, patching something that you should not patch, or a corrupted .iso. Can you try to put the game on a different filesystem? Or at least in a different format? Best would be to even use a different backup manager. Did you patch the .iso in any way? If yes, undo that.

I cannot find the option anywhere, but I simply used USB Loader GX to load the alternate .dol (I know this is bullshit, but I was stumped, and I'm getting a WM+ today) and watch the player movie.

Now, booting the game in WiiFlow actually lets it play! It goes to the warning screen with the WiiMotion+ (please insert your WiiMotion+ and nunchuck, etc)

I did try it in my WBFS 4 gb pen drive (this is for problems like this) before using the alternate .dol method and it failed to work...

I also put it in ISO format on my NTFS drive, that didn't work either. I checked all the settings before using the different formats, and nothing was patched.

At least I got it working :/ Just want to know where the IOS reload option is in case this happens again.

EDIT: A guide for wiiflow says this:

Page 3
- Download Cover: Downloads an individual game cover, replacing any already on file.
- Block IOS Reload: Enables games that don't usually work due to IOS Reloads. Works ONLY if you boot your loader in 222 and the game in 222/223.
- Patch Video Mode: Normal or More or All.

That's from the games settings. I see now how it says ONLY IF YOU BOOT IN 222 AND GAME IN 222/223.

Well, that's really gay-ass Wiiflow, seeing as D2X cIOS works perfectly and you even require it to boot the actual damned WiiFlow...

I'm switching to CFG USB Loader. WiiFlow is pointless to me now, with this bs they're pulling with the IOS Reload.

PauloHenrique

Trophies
XP
Guys my wii is really outdated, the last time i made an update was when DKC:R released. SS is running smoothly, 002 fix and block ios reload are on. :creep:

Cytota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed the instructions in the first post. My Wii was playing pretty recent games including Return to Dreamland. Now... CFG USB Loader won't recognize my drive. Can anyone help me out?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just followed the instructions in the first post. My Wii was playing pretty recent games including Return to Dreamland. Now... CFG USB Loader won't recognize my drive. Can anyone help me out?

Does CFG identify your cIOS correctly as d2x v6 with base IOS56? It would be good to know which cIOS you had before, then it would be easier to tell what's going on. It could be that your HDD is only detectable when the cIOS uses a certain base IOS. This is kinda unlikely, only IOS58 should have a really different compatiblity, but it has its own issues. Or it could be some kind of bug in the d2x cIOS and your HDD works fine with older cIOS.

To determine what's wrong, you can try other bases, or your can try older cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"