DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/center]

Nintendo has acknowledged the existence of a game-breaking bug in Zelda: Skyward Sword and offered a workaround.

According to an email sent to affected players and reprinted on Zelda Informer, the issue results in being unable to progress in the Song of the Hero quest.

If the game has been saved after completing a certain sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed using that save file, meaning players have to start over or revert to an earlier save to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest. Beware of spoilers:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.

3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.

4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.

5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.

If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

​

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Source

Well shit. This would ruin my day.

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've made the exactly this sequence of events but haven't talked with Golo... I don't think many people will be unlucky to trigger this

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there are only a small select few who would have this problem as this event seems to involve a very specific set of instructions that must be followed in order for it to happen. Now there will be a plethora of people who will perform this glitch so they can bitch at Nintendo.

Reactions: 8 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is actually a much bigger issue than the Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario bugs, unlike simply saving and quitting in a specific room during a certain event, if you chose to do a part of the game in a certain sequence, you're screwed.
Basically you have to do three quests in any order you like, but doing the third quest first can lead to problems.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This is actually a much bigger issue than the Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario bugs, unlike simply saving and quitting in a specific room during a certain event, if you chose to do a part of the game in a certain sequence, you're screwed.
Basically you have to do three quests in any order you like, but doing the third quest first can lead to problems.
It's not even that game breaking. You literally have to follow a very specific sequence in order to trigger this glitch. You CAN do it in any order you want, you just shouldn't talk to Golo which in no way is required.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This would be better to put in the OP because it doesn't have any (or just minor) spoilers.

We have been made aware of the issue that results in being unable to progress in a late-game , three-way branch quest. If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during a late-game quest in which the game reaches an obvious 3-way branching point:

1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to talk to plot-relevant character (you'll know who this is when you get there)

2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron. You have to speak with him the first time to progress.

3. Complete the plot-relevant character's quest.

^^^
This stuff is alright to do.

DON'T DO THIS NEXT PART! IF YOU DO, BETTER PLAY THE SONG OF TIME!!!!
Before doing the other two parts of the quest, speak with GOLO THE GORON.
At this point, the next two quests will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.

Solutions:

• This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the other two parts of the quest have already been collected before beating the Lanayru Quest. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue if the quests have been completed already.

• If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm afraid there currently is no other fix available. I can assure, however, that we are documenting all feedback we receive on this issue. Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

Sharon Matheny

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
People can bitch all they want... in a game this large theres bound to be bugs. Skyrim ways what up, you'll deal with me, but this games gonna get flamed by all the Nintendo haters? Thats fair.
You're forgetting Nintendo can't patch their games, unless you want to mail in your SD card like with Metroid.

Also who is 'flaming' in here?

Reactions: 2 people

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People can bitch all they want... in a game this large theres bound to be bugs. Skyrim ways what up, you'll deal with me, but this games gonna get flamed by all the Nintendo haters? Thats fair.
it shows bad quality control
when you release big name games like this and they all contain game breaking bugs and there is nothing you can do to fix them unlike every other system where patches can be deployed, and all nintendo has to say is deal with it

Reactions: 1 person

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
anyone fancy a fix maker for save files?

get a save and copy it
get past the part with bug with a save
cause the bug and save
then upload both
compare save files
copy difference into patch

BAM!
people apply patch to save to progress

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe

get a save and copy it
cause the bug and save
then upload both
compare save files

BAM!
I doubt it would work.

When you reach a point in the game, you can do three things in a random order (or not with this bug). If you talk to someone before you do the other things, you're stuck and cannot continue. People past the bug point would've done these things beforehand so it would mean actually skipping points in the story if you have the bug and want to continue.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

get a save and copy it
cause the bug and save
then upload both
compare save files

BAM!
I doubt it would work.

When you reach a point in the game, you can do three things in a random order (or not with this bug). If you talk to someone before you do the other things, you're stuck and cannot continue. People past the bug point would've done these things beforehand so it would mean actually skipping points in the story if you have the bug and want to continue.

so you miss out on part of story
better than starting again

save file will only track which events have been triggered and not

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're forgetting Nintendo can't patch their games, unless you want to mail in your SD card like with Metroid.

Also who is 'flaming' in here?

this. it's nintendo's prerogative that a game shouldn't have patches because it should be perfect out the gate. they are victims of their own philosophy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.