Skyward Sword Full (NTSC) Controlling Glitch?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by benac1, Nov 13, 2011.

1. benac1
    OP

benac1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2011
    United States
    I downloaded Skyward Sword recently and it runs great with USB Loader GX (249, I believe). Everything it going great, and I've made some progress (Maybe 2 or so hours) but I seem to keep having a control issue. I have a motion plus controller, but for some random reason Link will start walking on his own. Specifically he will keep walking toward the camera, and you are unable to really do anything else. It's happened about 3 times now, and I have the reconnect the Wiimote in order to resume normal play. Any ideas?

2. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Nunchuck could be dying.

3. demonicstrife

demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

May 22, 2008
    United States
    Somewhere in the middle
    Sounds like the nunchuk might be gimped. It's the only thing that controls Link's movement.

4. wii-dog

wii-dog Newbie

your shit broken iso out there work clean sorry you broke have fun we are fixed yha when you play take out numchuck and plug it in to see if it works

5. Spidey_BR

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Brazil
    I've got that too, DX nunchuck. I guess the game is really strict about controller quality. I pass long times without the hability to defend myself because of the faulty nunchuck.

6. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Seriously, for a moment I wanted to report you. Start making sense, you moron.

2 people like this.
  7. Arkangelyou

Arkangelyou Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    Yeah I had the same problem but then I used a different Nunchuk and the problem was solved :D Speaking of which, why is there no boxart for Skyward Sword on USB Loader GX?

8. KaiUno

KaiUno Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2008
    Belgium
    For your sake I hope you don't talk like that IRL.

9. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011

Rofl, Ive seen several post by this dude now... What the hell is he smoking?

Anyway on topic:
    It seems to me that you have a greater, but similar, issue as I have.
    The issue is that the control stick is worn out and quite lose.
    Because of this the stick is very sensitive in my case (up to a certain point), and I can imagine that further wear will actually make it move a bit in its own as you tilt the nunchuck.
    Im sure this can be fixed, but I dont have issues with mine (gotten used to it) yet so I havnt tried to fix it. But I remember doing it on one of my GC controllers several years ago.

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    there is for wiiflow :creep:

11. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    cfg got front and disc. Although I have not exited SS since it became available so that mightve changed.

edit: wtf, why did I type "because" instead of "became"??? Man, I need more coffee.....

12. misteromar

misteromar GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    Wii-dog, do you have a newsletter, I would like to subscribe to it?

13. benac1
    OP

benac1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2011
    United States
    I have boxart, the only thing I think GX is missing is 3D covers.

I swapped nunchucks and it seems to have worked for now. Odd, the game must be really picky.