Skyward Sword Controller Crash/Music cutout

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by hhs, Dec 5, 2011.

Dec 5, 2011
  1. hhs
    OP

Member hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Korea, South
    I've been playing all the way up to the pirate ship and now suddenly the controller will cease responding and I won't be able to do anything. Even pulling the batteries the game doesn't notice. Obviously, I screwed something up... But how do I fix it...
    I am using configurable usb and I am damn sure I got the special249(56) d2x-v6 cios on there... I'm not great with this stuff but I just reinstalled it to be sure. Has this problem happened to anyone else who can explain it?

As a test, the other adventure that is only a few hours in still works... It's only this desert spot...

Formatted from NTFS to WBFS
    ...I don't know what I'm doing...

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If your HDD is really wbfs formatted, can you try NeoGamma as well?
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test/

And if yes, does it warn about anything before booting the game?

3. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Yep I see. I don't recommend WBFS, it can become corrupt. NTFS is fine as well as FAT32. Oh and you could update to d2x v7 too, maybe it helps.

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I haven't read any report about a corrupted WBFS partition in years. Some old WBFS Manager did corrupt it, but i doubt anybody still uses that broken version.

5. hhs
    OP

Member hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Korea, South
    Yeah, I tried neogamma and had the same issue. Also I didn't know you could run games without using wiiformat from wbfs manager..?
    i'm not convinced the partition is corrupted because the game loads fine and doesn't have this issue on a different save. It's just this one game in this one spot...

Alright so I updated usbloader updated wbfs manager and reformatted everything and it SEEMS to be working fine but I'll be back if it starts up again.