Skyward Sword: Ballad of The Goddess Cover

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by Unagi, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Unagi
    OP

Unagi A disgrace to his famiry.

Banned
    Oct 31, 2011
    United States
    Hi! I made a cover of Skyward Sword's Ballad of the Goddess, on the piano! Feedback is appreciated, and I have a request.

Now, what I am looking for is a way to convert my MP3 works into a music sheet file. I also have a WAV file. Is there a way I can do that on a Mac with OS X Lion? Better yet, if someone could transcribe it for me I'll be sure to acknowledge them in the description! :)

2. Wizerzak

Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

May 30, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Love it! It's zelda but with a new, slightly more upbeat twist!

Also, I don't think you can turn it into a music sheet very easily. Although, I've seen a peice of software called Hit 'n' Mix which looks very good, never tried it personally though.

3. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Ryukouki?

4. Valwin

Valwin The Neautral Gamer

Banned
    May 11, 2011
    United States
    Puertorico
    that was cool

5. Unagi
    OP

Banned
    Oct 31, 2011
    United States
    About that name...

yeah man, trust me i didn't want to post here either. XD I'm doing it for the benefit of the music community because ever since I put that video up on YT, I've gotten quite a bit of fan mail asking for a transcription. :P I'm sure there's someone out here who wants a transcription of it. But after this, I'll go back to wherever I've been.

6. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Some feedback:
    Try to project the melody out more, your left hand is blurring it out on the bigger sections. On the chords, you seem to be using a ton of wrist to play louder, but you'll need more arm weight as well to go along with it. Try combining a balance of arm and wrist into the chords more to get both better tone and dynamic range.

7. Wizerzak

May 30, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Could you please provide me with an original MP3 / wav file? I'm gonna give that music sheet a go.

8. Unagi
    OP

Banned
    Oct 31, 2011
    United States
    Here's a straight up audio rip of the music in the video. I can't do the MIDI conversion! I don't think its possible, but if you can transcribe it for me, you'll be my new best friend. :)

PM me if you're successful. You'll be credited for sure. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?aknsjo6178rhvf4

9. Wizerzak

May 30, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I had a try with that program I linked but no luck, seems as if it doesn't work as well as advertised. And unfortunately I do not know enough about music to be able to do anything else.
    Sorry :(