OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

IGN has reproduced and captured the PS3 Skyrim lag issue. After Playstation Magazine gave the game a Gold award (10/10), many users are in agreement that the games positives outshine the programming bugs. It seems that gamers look away as Bethesda continually releases games based on the same engine which have the same save-game bug. Bethesda is finally admitting that the problem exists and so far they have not released a successful patch. If you have experienced the PS3 lag let us know how it has affected your game.

icon11.gif
Source

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think the player itself sucks. it takes too much bandwidth than it should. ah the times when gbatemp player was being used often. didnt fallout also have issues (i know it perfectly cuz i deleted the game due to the frequent unstoppable crashes)
They have gotta make a new engine anytime soon.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think the player itself sucks. it takes too much bandwidth than it should. ah the times when gbatemp player was being used often. didnt fallout also have issues (i know it perfectly cuz i deleted the game due to the frequent unstoppable crashes)
They have gotta make a new engine anytime soon.
at least this player doesnt take gbatemp's bandwidth.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate when game sites do this. if this game were a "bad" game it would be slammed HARD for these bugs. but since its bethesda and its skyrim its ok. i've seen games get 9.5 out of 10 for WAY less than MAJOR bugs.

this really annoys me.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i hate when game sites do this. if this game were a "bad" game it would be slammed HARD for these bugs. but since its bethesda and its skyrim its ok. i've seen games get 9.5 out of 10 for WAY less than MAJOR bugs.

this really annoys me.

I know right.
Skyward Sword don't deserve those perfect score either, because it has a game breaking bug too.

hkz8000

Trophies
XP
Country
been playing skyrim on ps3 for about 100 hours now. no problems apart from the occasional lag and not a single crash

D

Deleted User

Augh; could you copy one without the god-awful advertisement in the future? Pweeease? I'm being force-fed ads about Durex Condoms -_-

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's to be expected to happen when trying to make a huge, not to mention graphically intense game on five year old plus hardware. Sure, my PC is past the games' minimum requirements, but it sure as heck doesn't lag that much.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just play it on PC guys, ditch that PS3 version and go to the real system. No things like that on here + my game looks a lot better than that version.
Because everyone has a PC that can play Skyrim.
My 5 year old laptop can run it at medium, not to mention my 4 year old desktop at ultra + higher resolution textures.....
I'd rather not play the game than to play this broken, (semi-) ugly version, without any mods, console commands, .....

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
My 5 year old laptop can run it at medium, not to mention my 4 year old desktop at ultra + higher resolution textures.....
I'd rather not play the game than to play this broken, (semi-) ugly version, without any mods, console commands, .....
And... ?
I've got a netbook, I'd rather play it on my PS3 with lag which isn't that bad than not play it at all.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And... ?
I've got a netbook, I'd rather play it on my PS3 with lag which isn't that bad than not play it at all.
Yeah, my PC won't even run Minecraft. I accept that the PS3 version of Skyrim has the poorest performance but it's the only version I'm in the position to play and that beats not playing it at all.

Besides, after getting the platinum trophy on Fallout 3 GOTY I'm used to Bethesda's clumsy ports. :P

Reactions: 1 person

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just play it on PC guys, ditch that PS3 version and go to the real system. No things like that on here + my game looks a lot better than that version.
Because everyone has a PC that can play Skyrim.
My IGP runs it at Medium smoothly, and at High at a playable framerate. But I still prefer playing on my 360, it just feels...more casual.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1