Skyrim Switch save transfer to PC/steam Skyrim SE?

brontosorus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

Total noob here, but I've been considering Modding my Switch/installing Checkpoint...

The reason is, I'm wondering if any has or knows how to take a Skyrim Special Edition save from Switch and transfer it to Skyrim SE on steam/PC?

I just bought Skyrim on steam, and it runs BEAUTEOUSly compared to the Switch verison, but alas, I've put in 200+ hours on Switch, and the thought of starting over on PC is twisting up my insides!

Is there anyway to transfer a Switch save to PC, and continue my game there?

Thanks SO MUCH for any thoughts and help, as I'm just getting started here!

-Pete

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not Switch-specific, but I was able to dump my Xbox 360 save and use it on LE back in the day (it'll load up on SE as well). With that, the actual save file itself was in a container the 360 liked, so I had to dump that and then use software to explore the file and get the real save out of it. Unless the Switch save format is entirely different somehow under the hood, there's a decent chance it'll work if you can dump and extract the save, if I had to guess.

Reactions: brontosorus

OhItsSlick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

Total noob here, but I've been considering Modding my Switch/installing Checkpoint...

The reason is, I'm wondering if any has or knows how to take a Skyrim Special Edition save from Switch and transfer it to Skyrim SE on steam/PC?

I just bought Skyrim on steam, and it runs BEAUTEOUSly compared to the Switch verison, but alas, I've put in 200+ hours on Switch, and the thought of starting over on PC is twisting up my insides!

Is there anyway to transfer a Switch save to PC, and continue my game there?

Thanks SO MUCH for any thoughts and help, as I'm just getting started here!

-Pete
Were you able to transfer the saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans