Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gallery_111084_186_14552.jpg

Josh Sawyer, from Obsidian Entertainment, has made a few public comments in regards to the Skyrim save lag. Sawyer explains that the PS3 uses a split memory pool, 256MB for the system and 256MB for graphics. For this reason the PS3 is more prone to the save game lag than the 360, which suffers from the same issue but is not as noticeable. According to Sawyer, the issue is an engine level issue that can not be so easily addressed. Bethesda is attempting to fix the Skyrim problem, and while patches are great they do not excuse the company from releasing buggy software built upon a buggy engine that was reported about way back when Fallout 3 was released.

icon11.gif
Source

D

Deleted User

Costello, does it work fine on PC? I head it has some compatibility issues with a ton of graphics cards.
Only problem with PC was Crashing to Desktop, and after the latest patch I've had none
I put 40 hours into Skyrim in the past week and only had crashes pre patch.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I've traded in my copy after only playing it for abut 6 hours.
I decided to wait for the GotY edition that will hopefully be fixed and include the DLC. I was very unlucky and encountered quite a few of the known bugs.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Costello, does it work fine on PC? I head it has some compatibility issues with a ton of graphics cards.
After playing for about 65 hours, I've encountered 4 CTD's, all before I used a certain mod that expanded the RAM usage to more than 2 GB. Standard the game only supports 2 GB of RAM, after that patch it supports over 2 GB.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Meh... Just fix the PS3 version and I'd be pleased. Otherwise I'll just end up buying it for PC (which would mean I'd have to get a new PC if I can't be bothered to install the game on the Win7 running on my MBP)..

rasta1777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after the fiasco that is Battlefield 3 on the PS3 (which i unfortunately own, and that is unplayable due to input lag and completely broken VoIP), and after this, I will certainly never be buying multiplatform releases on the PS3. ever. from now on, only exclusives :S

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently their's a possible fix for it.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/315231-ps3-to-support-a-wider-demographic/page__pid__4007349__st__15#entry4007349

Can't really test it myself as I don't have Skyrim for PS3, but if anyone else is willing to try it, post your results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls