Discussion Skyrim Mods that I can confirm are working

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by mranonymous, Nov 20, 2018.

1. sanderdsz

sanderdsz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    Hello guys, I can't manage to make immersive gameplay works in my switch. Can't see what I'm doing wrong because its being doing with load_order.bat, can you guys gimme some light?

2. sanderdsz

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    Immersive weapons and armorsmith is making my game crash when initialize.
    Someone facing the same?

3. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    @mranonymous for the love of god i can't find the tutorial to get ussep working, any direct link you have or some way you can help me out?

thx in advance!

have not tried those, but I am still experimenting, anyway if you follow the tutorials it will be easier to convert the mods.

Last edited by ginryu, Mar 8, 2019
  4. sanderdsz

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    I'm trying to convert this two but always pops a new error for me.
    Now it's saying that texconv.exe is missing...

5. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
  6. cyfaws

cyfaws Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    Anyone having any luck getting AFT (Amazing Follower Tweaks) to work properly?

Having more than one follower and the "Lesser power" Tweak Options work (such as summoning followers, stealth and so on) but can't seem to get the dialogue options to appear.

edit: nvm. For some reason it started working all of the sudden.

Last edited by cyfaws, Mar 9, 2019
  7. cyfaws

cyfaws Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    @ginryu

Since 'detailed instructions' are nowhere to be found any longer for some reason, here's a little breakdown of what I did to get it running.

Converting the USSEP to work with the Switch version isn't actually that hard. The pain in the ass that the OP mentions comes from obtaining the required files. Here's what you do:

Step 1. Get a hold of the SSE Creation Kit. If you don't have it, here's an approximation of what you need to do:

* Download and install BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup from https://bethesda.net [farthest down on the page as you can get]

* Register via the application, or log in to an existing account.

* Navigate to and select Games->Skyrim->Creation Kit, download it.

* Let the installation run, and when prompted start the program.

* After it's done installing you will find the elusive HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe in "Tools" in your Steam SSE directory. Now copy it to your ToolKitRelease\Utilities folder.

Step 2. Now that you have the Creation Kit installed (or if you already had it- or the exe from the Havok SDK before it vanished from the face of the earth), here's what you need to do...

* Download the SSE patch and the USLEEP patch from NexusMods and copy both archives to your working directory in NX-Toolkit (a tip is to keep the Toolkit folder in the root of one of your harddrives. Winblows doesn't like long path names and too many folders...). Extract "Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch-71214-3-0-14-1546383748.7z" and "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch-266-4-1-4.7z" into separate directories and rename them if you wish. I renamed USSEP to "Unofficial_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4" and USLEEP to "USLEEP_OLDRIM".

* Now you need to extract the Oldrim BSA file. Go to ToolKitRelease\Utilities and copy bsarch.exe to where the BSA file is, open a command prompt and type: bsarch unpack "Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.bsa" C:\USLEEP_OLDRIM
    Wait until that's done.

* Make a copy of CONVERT_MOD.BAT, and then open up the original file in a text editor, look for the line that says "SET OLDRIM=%~f2" delete everything after the equals sign and add the path to where you extracted the USLEEP BSA (e.g. "SET OLDRIM=C:\USLEEP_OLDRIM", in my case). Save the file.

* Open a command prompt in the ToolKitRelease directory and type: CONVERT_MOD.BAT YOUR_TOOLKIT_DIR_AND_TEMPDIR, and just wait until the patch is completed and repacked for you.

* Add the ESP and the newly converted BSA's to your ini file like you normally do to install stuff. Be mindful of the load order, unless you're asking for trouble walking around with dangerous magic like that.

Step 3. Enjoy the game without thousands of bugs.

Here's what the complete conversion output should look like:

C:\ToolKitRelease>CONVERT_MOD.BAT C:\ToolKitRelease\_mods_test\Unofficial_Skyrim
    _Special_Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4
    Starting up...
    toolkit.exe is set at "C:\ToolKitRelease\Scripts\dist\toolkit.exe"
    texconv.exe exists in Utilites path
    texdiag.exe exists in Utilites path
    nvddsinfo.exe exists in Utilites path
    Skyrim-NX-Toolkit v2.2.1, sys.argv <['C:\\ToolKitRelease\\Scripts\\dist\\toolkit
    .exe', 'convert_mod', 'C:\\ToolKitRelease\\_mods_test\\Unofficial_Skyrim_Special
    _Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4', 'C:\\ToolKitRelease\\_mods_test\\Unofficial_Skyrim_Sp
    ecial_Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4_ConvertedAndPacked', 'C:\\USLEEP_OLDRIM']>
    <C:\ToolKitRelease\_mods_test\Unofficial_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4>

Logger Initialised C:\ToolKitRelease\_mods_test\Unofficial_Skyrim_Special_Editio
    n_Patch-NX-v4-1-4.log
    Timer Started 2019-03-11 01:24:03
    Skyrim-NX-Toolkit v2.2.1 - convert_mod
    Convert Mod, ToolkitPath is C:\ToolKitRelease
    Convert Mod, create empty folder at target
    CreateTarget(C:\ToolKitRelease\_mods_test\Unofficial_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Patc
    h-NX-v4-1-4_ConvertedAndPacked)
    Unpacking Unofficial_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Patch-NX-v4-1-4
    Found 2 BSAs & 4 loose files
    Copied 4/4
    Unpack BSA Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch - Textures.bsa
    Unpack BSA Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.bsa
    Reconcile HKX
    Matched 7/7 hkx files in the mod
    Reconciled 7/7
    Convert Path
    Found 197 dds files to convert
    Found 7 32-bit hkx files to convert
    Found 0 64-bit hkx files to convert
    Found 0 txt files to convert
    Found 299 sound files to convert
    DDS Processed 197/197 (197/0) success/failure.
    HKX 32-bit Processed 7/7 (7/0) success/failure.
    Sounds Processed 299/299 (299/0) success/failure.
    Pack Mod
    Files (2108) / Folders (5) to move
    Could not apply rule for <Docs\unofficial skyrim special edition patch readme +
    credits.html>
    Could not apply rule for <Docs\unofficial skyrim special edition patch version h
    istory.html>
    Moved Files 2106/2108 Folders 5/5
    Cleanup old folders
    Build File List
    Prepared 2100/2100
    Run bsarch.exe
    Clean Up
    Build File List
    Prepared 7/7
    Run bsarch.exe
    Clean Up
    Build File List
    Prepared 3174/3174
    Run bsarch.exe
    Clean Up
    Build File List
    Prepared 299/299
    Run bsarch.exe
    Clean Up
    Build File List
    Prepared 197/197
    Run bsarch.exe
    Clean Up
    Total Time Taken 0:11:25.434004

C:\ToolKitRelease>

ginryu likes this.
  8. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    Thx much for the reply!
    i actually got it working yesterday, basically you just have to replace the .hkx files from the oldrim patch to the SE one, i just unpacked both, replaced the files and converted the mod.

At this point i pretty much got everything i want working, CBBE works fine as the bijin npcs mods.

Only the follower mods have problems when converting, give a lot of invalid textures errors.

Last edited by ginryu, Mar 11, 2019 - Reason: double quote
    cyfaws likes this.
  9. sanderdsz

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    Vivid Wheaters crashes alot when fast travel to cities, unplayable.

10. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    Anyone can sent merged mod for female,thanks.

11. sanderdsz

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    Well I managed to play with vivid weather but it dosent work well with the great cities mod.
    I got some textures mods that are crashing in the dark brotherhood quest, when you go to their cave.
    Gotta to test what mod is causing it.

12. sanderdsz

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    Nobletextures1k mod makes a conflict for the Dark Brotherhood quest, so I recommend not use it if you're going to do their quests.
    I think I pretty much manage to make my skyrim full of mods and playable.
    Thanks everybody in this thread.

13. Pender666

Pender666 Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Did you tried Obsidian Weathers and Seasons ? It works great for me.

Did you tried to contact the author about the issue?
    How about SSE Texture Pack - Osmodius?

Last edited by Pender666, Mar 15, 2019
  14. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    I reinstalled game skyrim and added mods.When I loaded save(from checkpoint app) it said "skyrim save relies on content that is no longer present " and all mods not work.(closed :restart game and work)

Last edited by jjjexorcist, Mar 15, 2019