Tutorial Skyrim Modding

Sevrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can merge basically all mods that have textures n meshes

I've tried to merge mods together based on their category such as followers (Vilja and Sofia) or immersive armors with other armor mods using the Pack_mod function of NX tool kit, however in-game the textures are always just a black and white mess.

Would be nice if people who had success in merging certain mods could list the steps and mods used.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to merge mods together based on their category such as followers (Vilja and Sofia) or immersive armors with other armor mods using the Pack_mod function of NX tool kit, however in-game the textures are always just a black and white mess.

Would be nice if people who had success in merging certain mods could list the steps and mods used.
you can also just convert all the mods you want to use together to save on the ini character limit

Sevrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can also just convert all the mods you want to use together to save on the ini character limit

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying put all my files into one folder then drag it onto convert_mod? Then update the relevant INIs and load order with the esms and esps and I'm good to go? I run about 52 mods which I think is over 90 BSAs.

Terrorize420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying put all my files into one folder then drag it onto convert_mod? Then update the relevant INIs and load order with the esms and esps and I'm good to go? I run about 52 mods which I think is over 90 BSAs.

thats what i do but i split them into smaller groups so i make 3 folders n use convert_mod then add them to your ini files like normal but you could use less folders if needed seems like alot of mods for just one folder but it should still work

Terrorize420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have experience with simple mod manager using SX OS and emunand?

I use emunand on Sx but i never really tried it because its only coded for atmosphere.
The one linked in the homebrew section here i just changed the location it finds the files in to work on sx and fixed a error when compiling.
But if your gonna try it I would backup all your ini files just in case

sdave123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've followed the guide pretty closely but am struggling with getting the mods to work in game. I'm only trying to get the following mods:

Insects Begone (from Skyrim SE)
Cheat Room (already converted)

Anyone have any idea on how I can proceed?

Terrorize420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed the guide pretty closely but am struggling with getting the mods to work in game. I'm only trying to get the following mods:

Insects Begone (from Skyrim SE)
Cheat Room (already converted)

Anyone have any idea on how I can proceed?

Did you add the mods to right sections of your ini file

paste a copy of your ini file i can take a look

Maou_SET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides ffmpeg, you also need HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe and nvddsinfo.exe

The 60 fps doesn't affect the game at all. If something, playing on handheld wiil drain the battery a little faster, and that's about it.
Inside the Skyrim.ini file there are these two lines:

iSize W=1600
iSize H=900

ABOVE those, type the following:

iVSyncPresentInterval=0
bLockFrameRate=59
Also, you may wanna use the [LOCK] to speed up the game initial boot, since using mods will slow down that process.

Also, whilepacking mods is a great idea to maintain everything nice and clean (that's the method I use), you are still loading several mods at once. The more mods you use, the slower and buggier the game will be.
But yes, packaging will always make things more stable that using the Pulgins file to bypass the limit.
Hello, I have installed the configuration exactly as specified, with the help of NXModHelper. All my mods work and the game is reading the configuration, as I can change the language. But I don't get 60FPS. Even on charger and OC. Any ideas or known issues? My game language is german, but changing it to english did not make a difference. I have searched the internet and I could not find a solution.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I have installed the configuration exactly as specified, with the help of NXModHelper. All my mods work and the game is reading the configuration, as I can change the language. But I don't get 60FPS. Even on charger and OC. Any ideas or known issues? My game language is german, but changing it to english did not make a difference. I have searched the internet and I could not find a solution.
Language has nothing to do. If you modified Skyrim.ini correctly, the game is already uncapped to 60fps.
Reset the console after putting the modified ini in you SD card. Also, please noticed that every time I mention it, I said Skyrim.ini, not Skyrim_de.ini or Skyrim_en.ini

Maou_SET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Language has nothing to do. If you modified Skyrim.ini correctly, the game is already uncapped to 60fps.
Reset the console after putting the modified ini in you SD card. Also, please noticed that every time I mention it, I said Skyrim.ini, not Skyrim_de.ini or Skyrim_en.ini
I have read what you said and modified the correct ini file. As I use emummc I have to turn off the system to write files to the sd card. Someone else said that it worked after modifying the language and setting it to english. That was probably a coincidence, but I don't really know what the problem could be.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I have read what you said and modified the correct ini file. As I use emummc I have to turn off the system to write files to the sd card. Someone else said that it worked after modifying the language and setting it to english. That was probably a coincidence, but I don't really know what the problem could be.
You don't have to turn off the system to modify files. If you are doing that, it means you are removing the SD card each time, like we used to do during the stone age. That's extremely dangerous, since SD cards are delicated pieces of hardware, and the built in port in the console is awful. You have petential risk of permanently damaging both your SD card and Switch SD port each time your plug out/in the card.

Maou_SET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You don't have to turn off the system to modify files. If you are doing that, it means you are removing the SD card each time, like we used to do during the stone age. That's extremely dangerous, since SD cards are delicated pieces of hardware, and the built in port in the console is awful. You have petential risk of permanently damaging both your SD card and Switch SD port each time your plug out/in the card.
That is known to me. I currently have no other fast way of transferring files. It would take like 30 minutes to transfer the mods each way over USB 2.0. And network is slower.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
That is known to me. I currently have no other fast way of transferring files. It would take like 30 minutes to transfer the mods each way over USB 2.0. And network is slower.
LOL that's not the case at all. Using USB transfer us really fast on the Switch, and FTP transfer is also very good. If you have problems with any of them, then you have a different kind of problem you should addres asap.

Maou_SET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LOL that's not the case at all. Using USB transfer us really fast on the Switch, and FTP transfer is also very good. If you have problems with any of them, then you have a different kind of problem you should addres asap.
I don't have a usb 3.0 Type C cable. But that is not the problem I am currently trying so solve.

Maou_SET

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have found the issue. The problem was that NXModHelper adds a space before and after the = sign. That causes the game to not read the line. I now have 60 fps and wonder how nobody else encountered this problem with the program.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I have found the issue. The problem was that NXModHelper adds a space before and after the = sign. That causes the game to not read the line. I now have 60 fps and wonder how nobody else encountered this problem with the program.
Probably because nobody use it. Has a ton of different problems here and there, it's waaaaaay better to keep doing stuff manually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol