Skyrim glitched up mess

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, Aug 12, 2012.

Aug 12, 2012

Skyrim glitched up mess by chavosaur at 8:51 PM (568 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. chavosaur
    OP

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    So I haven't owned my Skyrim that long. I really was looking forward to enjoying the game, played it for A good week. Suddenly, I turn on my Xbox, select my save file, game loads and boom. There's no floor beneath me, I'm falling into pure nothingness and I see outlines of npcs walking around on the invisible floor, with random objects floating around. I figured ok, I'll just go backwards one save because maybe my save was corrupted or I saved on a glitch spot. So I go back a save, and when it loads, I get a green screen with glitched pixels everywhere. Frustrated, I sign out of my profile and sign into my ten year old brothers. Load up his save, and everything is perfectly fine for him...
    There are no scratches on the disc (that I can see anyway) so I'm wondering if there is anything I CPU
    Ld have possibly done to corrupt my save file? I didn't try any glitch or try any cheats or anything...

2. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    Go back more saves, or try installing the game to your hard drive if you have one

3. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    I did go back more saves, I even went back to the very first save I made (which was right after I completed the beginning quest thingy) and I ended up endlessly falling again. I cannot tell if my gamer profile is causing the glitch or what o.o I may be able to erase all saves and start over but I would like that to be my final option.
    Oh and I can't download the game to my hard drive because my father downloaded his mw3 to the hard drive and I have no room for Skyrim now.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    It's quite possible that your save could be corrupted.

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Never had this problem. In fact I've had very few problems with this game besides general slowdowns while casting certain spells. I did have one major glitch where a barrel clipped a bit into the wall, started vibrating, then stretched out and started bouncing around the narrow hallway. Stupid me, I just tried to walk straight through it, but it killed me instantly.

6. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    See thats why its so strange, ive seen multiple different kinds of glitches throughout my game, i just thought it was the game itself being stupid. I guess i will have to delete my save if I want to play..

7. Dump

Newcomer Dump Advanced Member

United States
    1 person likes this.
  8. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    Will be checking that out thank you!