Skyrim contains maps of Oblivion and Morrowind

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
sml_gallery_255_3_47418.jpg

Does this picture look familiar to you? Yes, it's the Imperial City from Oblivion. Well guess what? It's in Skyrim too! People have been snooping around in the game files and discovered that Skyrim actually comes with landmass from both Cyrodiil (TES IV: Oblivion) and Morrowind (TES III: Morrowind) and possibly even more. The original post describing the discovery contains additional details that may hint at possible DLCs exploiting those areas of Tamriel.

icon11.gif
Source on Tumblr

Reactions: 3 people

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go into noclip mode, you can actually see the tower from the imperial city (on really clear days and from a high mountain you can also see it). Vvardenfell too.

I'd love to revisit Morrowind's areas... that game felt the most breath-taking in terms of actual exploration. I wouldn't be too interesting in Cyrodill again :/

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Wait, I'm I getting this right? On disk content which may be use as false dlc and some people are ok with that?
can't be on disk, the game is only 5 gb, if oblivion and morrowind where on the disk and locked then the game must be REALLY compressed, it may be on the disk as a little hint, or as a proof of concept that the developers didn't bother removing, or a templet left in the game for the actual dlc, or it's just there as a template for modders as morrowind is being ported to oblivion [Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina is another mod that added an area not a new country not visited since the old dos elder scrolls], or worst case scenario it's just there to be there. so they have a place to start if they decide to do so. This is no way "on disk dlc

anywho this really excites me as if it's anything that I listed above [except the last one of course] this would make the game so much more awesome, I would love to visit Cyrodiil again as well as morrowind as I never got to play that game. I doubt however this is a hint to dlc though as the amount of work that would have to be put into recreating these areas would be close to the same to it would create a new elder scrolls game [at least 2 years each], so unless they already finished most of these areas, so I say wait a day till Todd Howard or someone high up in Bethesda to confirm that it isn't a hint at dlc but something else.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I'm I getting this right? On disk content which may be use as false dlc and some people are ok with that?
It's undesigned land that was automatically sculpted. Oblivion had rougly the same thing--you could explore really far out of bounds and land mass would continue just as it would if the entire continent were there. I'm sure it ended at some point... just as in this game, I'm sure it's not the entire continent. For a couple days we've found out that Morrowind and Cyrodill are in there. But no one's really went in the other directions or at least spoke up them--maybe because nothing's as interesting for the players, or as nostalgic.

It's not like there's entire worlds blocked off that you have to pay to access. Just that there's an unusual amount of detail in some of these seemingly-useless areas. But the "detail" is nothing more than some auto-generated landscape and that tower.

Reactions: 1 person

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you are not getting this right.

what's theoretically available (but hidden) outside of the main Skyrim area, is just a big bunch of land. There are no trees, no houses, no characters, nothing.
But it could very well be the ground works for a possible DLC which would unlock those new areas, and populate them with content & quests.

How about you take a look at the article source? It goes a lot more in depth!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are not getting this right.

what's theoretically available (but hidden) outside of the main Skyrim area, is just a big bunch of land. There are no trees, no houses, no characters, nothing.
But it could very well be the ground works for a possible DLC which would unlock those new areas, and populate them with content & quests.

How about you take a look at the article source? It goes a lot more in depth!
Kinda got it after the 2nd reply,but you have explained it well. :P

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
it could be just for show though
In this quest you get thrown up into the sky and can see all around you (and actually walk slowly for a certain amount of time), you can see them there.
But I really hope it's DLC.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This is a great find how sweet would it be to have new quests that lead to Cyrodiil and Morrowind?
I've not played Skyrim much I got it on release day but decided to finish up some other games before I get stuck into it. I bought the guide and have been reading it a lot so I get the most out of the game when I start playing it properly.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
well as they say in the original source, there is a path to oblivion, with an arch, which sets the limit. you can't go past the arch.
they probably designed it that way, so here's hoping they'll do something amazing with those extra landmasses...

gallery_255_3_201990.png

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yeah it could easily be added I mean look at The Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion, it was HUGE, probably the biggest piece of DLC available for a game on Xbox Live.
As this is most likely the last TES game this gen, it makes sense that Bathesda will want to give it a lot of support to increase longevity.
Skyrim install size is only 3.67GB so adding a watered down Cyrodiil and Morrowind to explore isn't really out of the question. The only problem I see is Morrowind would need to be totally updated wheras Cyrodiil would be ready to go.

Reactions: 1 person

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I would absolutely love to see a Morrowind remake with Skyrim's graphics & gameplay... I would pay another $50 for that anytime :wub:
Oblivion too but it's a little too recent so yeah.
BETHESDA COME LOOT MY GOLD ! ! !

Reactions: 3 people

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah would be great if they would add some more skill level like up to 150 and just do a 1:1 remake of morrorwind and oblivion (as far as 1:1 is possible) so that you could go there whith your skyrim character ^^

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its an awesome game with so much content and yet fun esp if ur not dying often.
even more content and tht even put in already? i think if games have huge sizes, its often unnecessary or lazy programming or maybe to decrease decoding/etc time or something.
AC2 repack was 2gb with such graphics and so much content infact brotherhood repack was the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs