MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
spyro2.jpg

Lifetime toy sales of Activision's Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure have exceeded 30 million, the publisher said today as part of its fiscal earnings release.
Activision said Skylanders Spyro's Adventure was the #1 kids video game for Q1 2012 with 30+ million toys sold life to date through March 31, 2012. "Based on our internal estimates, we believe that Skylander's toys sales in the first quarter exceeded those of Star Wars, the #1 action figure line," said CEO Bobby Kotick.
The publisher also noted that, in North America and Europe, including accessory packs and figures, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure was the #3 best-selling game overall in dollars across all platforms for the first quarter of 2012.
Activision hopes to continue the success of the series with the release of Skylander's Giants later this year.

Source

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the game on 3DS with two two toys (spyro and bash) funny, but I don't plan buying some more and I hope other companies wont start doing this (no nintendo, not pokemon ,Noooooooooooooo!!!!).

Tired of wasting space on your hard drive with DLC?, how about we waste space in your OWN house? :lol:

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Given that you're required to go out and buy the toy accessory figures in order to gain access to some of the levels in the game itself it's not surprising people bought them.

You know, so they could play the damned levels in the game disc they already purchased.

Nothing to do with popularity, all to do with being sneaky fuckers. They should not be proud.

Reactions: 4 people

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've never played it, but I think that AR cards may put some 3DS (and Vita) games on the same path. That cards are easy to scan, but the collecting real stuff may become more frequent (Kid Icarus may go though this way).

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been collecting them with my son. In that aspect, the game is a rewarding experience due to him always having something new to enjoy. If he's having fun, I'm having fun. We're only 14 figures away from a complete set, and we only need one more level set. Also, I play the 3DS version, so for me its interesting to see the differences between how the characters play on consoles, and how they play on 3DS.

In terms of approving of how its done, its a "to each his own" kind of thing. I don't mind it so much because I get to enjoy it with my son.

Reactions: 6 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they was cheaper I would mind less and may actually buy "dlc" more. Still kind of wishing for a real Spyro.

My gaming hobby is going become a collector hobby if this trend continues.

From the demo I played, it seem fun,but it could be better.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I actually like this because this way, even if people pirate the games, they still need to buy the accessories, this could be a pretty good way to stop pirates (although it'd be better if they simply added some sort of item with the game so that the game could be fully playable, only being partially playable without that said item. =3
Although having like 20 or more figures is overkill, one would be enough for this. x.x

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It's not hard to build an RFID spoofer from an Arduino board. All you would need are the RFID addresses. I'm sure the addresses are online somewhere, and if you really want all the stuff, I'm sure the board + parts wouldn't add up to nearly as much as the toys are worth.

Yar har fiddle dee dee!

Reactions: 2 people

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to build an RFID spoofer from an Arduino board. All you would need are the RFID addresses. I'm sure the addresses are online somewhere, and if you really want all the stuff, I'm sure the board + parts wouldn't add up to nearly as much as the toys are worth.

Yar har fiddle dee dee!

Someone started to do this and got slapped with a cease-and-desist.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Yar har fiddle dee dee!

Crap, I thought of doing the same a while ago.

CHEAP UNLOCK EVERYTHING SKYLANDERS DEVICE - ONLY $79

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Crap, I thought of doing the same a while ago.

CHEAP UNLOCK EVERYTHING SKYLANDERS DEVICE - ONLY $79
I think I'll just stick to buying the toys. :unsure:
FINE JEEZ, I'LL THROW IN FREE UPDATES FOR FUTURE TITLES!

Just kidding :rofl:

I wouldn't ever sell something like that. On the other hand, for personal use only... Hmm..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kids seems to go nuts for it, its like with the Moshi Monsters (which sell shitloads more but then they're £2 per bag and you don't see what you get) its a playground craze and to be honest I think it was a very good idea to do this...from a business point of view of course.

No worse than most DLC, at least you have something to show for it.

From the Wii U Rayman Legends trailer it kinda looks like Ubisoft may do something similar, but its easily ignorable, its not like you NEED to buy the additional toys to enjoy the game as there is enough content in there. I don't see Nintendo taking this idea up at all, they could have easily done so with Pokemon.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only bought one, Cynder. I do not have the game, nor even the USB scanner thing, I just wanted an accurate figure of Cynder. :P

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no interest in this now, but I'm not going to lie: if I was like, in the 5-8 range, this would be the cat's pajamas.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Yar har fiddle dee dee!

i read his blog and saw the letter...

god fucking forbid that they make 25 million instead of 30 million. on top of all the fucking sales from call of duty: modern borefare

this is why you keep your goddamn mouth shut until you "annonmously" release a "finished" project to be distributed by others....once it's online. it's too late. ala: Streets of Rage 4

like what Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes should have done. (YES I'M STILL SORE FROM THAT) not said a damn word, until it was released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: