Gaming Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Wii U Japan

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In July 2014 Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure was (supposedly) released in Japan for the Wii U. I can't find any evidence it was actually released (no import online retailer shows any signs of it). I'm thinking they only pushed out like 6 copies to retail :glare:

More importantly is it region locked? And is there an option for the text/voice acting is still available in English (not sure if the Wii U acts like other consoles in that the system options dictate the game).

Fabax01

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah I couldn't find it on Amazon JP. Thanks!

Now the million dollar question, is it playable in English?
Well, idk, sorry.
With the ps3/360 the Language of the game = the console one.
Maybe the wii u version works the same?
I heard that in some countries: ex scandinavia there isn't english even if you set the console to it.
Edit:added this line^

Last edited by Fabax01,

TServo2059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the bump - I got a copy of this from an American friend who lives in Japan, but unfortunately it will not load on non-Japanese WiiU consoles, on disc or Loadiine or USB, even when you get past the region lock.

I tried running the disc with OurLoader and with DDD, I tried USB with signpatches, with the latter I got the game icon on my menu, launched it without the region error, and got the logo and music, but no matter what method I use, the end result is that it hangs on a black (or sometimes white) screen and I have to force-shutdown my system.

Another person I know with a European and a Japanese console tried it, it only successfully loaded on the Japanese one.

Last edited by TServo2059,

TServo2059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, until someone figures out how to get the game to load properly on non-JP systems. At least someone outside of Japan has a copy of it now. :)

Keith_Loving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
182717_front.jpg

https://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/719950-skylanders-spyros-adventure/images/1324759

Be sure to search for the game using Alternate Titles

• "スカイランダーズ スパイロの大冒険" -- Japanese spelling
  • "Spyro's Kingdom" -- Working title
  • "Skylanders: Spyro no Daibōken" -- Japanese title
  • Skylanders: Spyro no Daiboken (JP)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, not sure if it means much to you, but the game was released in the States for the legacy wii console. You might want to pick up that version since it would be in English.

TServo2059

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both the Wii and Wii U versions. My American expatriate friend in Japan sent me the boxed game disc from the above image (I asked him not to send the entire starter pack, because I didn't need the rest and it would have probably increased the shipping costs even more).

I, too, was interested for the graphical upgrade, even if it's not in English. But as I said before, even when I get past the region lock with a disc loader that can bypass it, or dumping, converting and installing w/ Brazilian USB method + signpatches, or dumping, converting to Loadiine format and editing meta.xml to try to trick it into thinking it's USA region, it just hangs on a black screen on my USA console.

At this point, it's not yet known how to get this game to successfully run on a non-JPN console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs