Hacking [SKY3DS+] What is the recommended speed of the micro SD card?

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys! I'm going to buy a micro SD for my SKY3DS+ cartridge. What is the minimum speed of the SD card to make games run normally? I don't need the games to load faster than normal, but I also don't want to wait a long time for the games to load because of a slow card.

BTW I heard a rumor about kingston cards not working properly with the sky3ds. Is it true?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No I would not say its "the" truth. I have a sky3ds myself.
What I can say is any card from any manufacturer can be incompatible. It depens on size, speed and model. There is always a chance that the bought sd won't work.

Since I have a sky3ds 1st gen, yours is maybe more stable with "bad" microsds.

However I suggest you buy at least a class10 microsd. Or better a uhs1-class card. They have enough bandwidth to compete with original cards. Slow cards have the tendency to crash some games. e.g. Pokemon will stuck sometimes with a blackscreen after battle because the data is not read fast enough.

UHS-1 µSD are not that expensive. You'll get a 64gb version uhs-1 card for <30$ today

Last edited by GothicIII,

Ev1lbl0w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks. I'm planning to buy a Lexar 32gb class 10 micro sd. Can someone tell me if this card has problems with the cartridge?

Last edited by Ev1lbl0w,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.