[SKY3DS+] What is the recommended speed of the micro SD card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ev1lbl0w, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm going to buy a micro SD for my SKY3DS+ cartridge. What is the minimum speed of the SD card to make games run normally? I don't need the games to load faster than normal, but I also don't want to wait a long time for the games to load because of a slow card.

BTW I heard a rumor about kingston cards not working properly with the sky3ds. Is it true?

2. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No I would not say its "the" truth. I have a sky3ds myself.
    What I can say is any card from any manufacturer can be incompatible. It depens on size, speed and model. There is always a chance that the bought sd won't work.

Since I have a sky3ds 1st gen, yours is maybe more stable with "bad" microsds.

However I suggest you buy at least a class10 microsd. Or better a uhs1-class card. They have enough bandwidth to compete with original cards. Slow cards have the tendency to crash some games. e.g. Pokemon will stuck sometimes with a blackscreen after battle because the data is not read fast enough.

UHS-1 µSD are not that expensive. You'll get a 64gb version uhs-1 card for <30$ today

Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Ev1lbl0w
    OP

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    Thanks. I'm planning to buy a Lexar 32gb class 10 micro sd. Can someone tell me if this card has problems with the cartridge?

Last edited by Ev1lbl0w, Mar 2, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice