Hacking Sky3DS - weird Majora's Mask problem (New 3DS XL/Circle Pad Pro)

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Been playing this on my New 3DS XL all day, no problem at all, obviously with "Circle Pad Pro" turned "On" in the options. ZL/ZR and C Stick being working fine.

I accidentally hit the blue button on Sky3DS, which "ejected" the game cart. Back at main 3DS menu I pressed the blue button repeatedly to get back round to MM, but this time when I loaded it up, after selecting my save file, the game asked if I wanted to enable Circle Pad Pro and to hit ZR if I did. No matter which button I pressed (ZR, ZL, C Stick, L, R) nothing happened. All I could do was hit "Do Not Use". I did that, then paused the game and went to Options, to see if I could set it back to "Circle Pad Pro = On". However as soon as I set it to On, the same message came up asking me to hit ZR, which again did nothing and all I could do was hit "Do Not Use"

Weird. It's as if the game isn't recognising I have a New 3DS anymore.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well that's what you get you filthy pirate!

Just kidding bro, try to reproduce this on an old 3DS if you have one. If you can, then this might be a bug with Sky3DS.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well that's what you get you filthy pirate!

Just kidding bro, try to reproduce this on an old 3DS if you have one. If you can, then this might be a bug with Sky3DS.

On the regular 3DS it would just ask for the Circle Pad Pro, because the regular 3DS has no C-Stick or ZR/ZL buttons on it's own. So reproducing the error might be a little difficult here.^^

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probably save file got corrupted, I'll try to backup my save file and start the game again, just to see if the error persist

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I just switched to Monster Hunter 4 on the same microSD card that's in the Sky 3DS, and exactly the same problem - when it loads, it asks to press ZL/ZR, but nothing happens, then it says "can't find Circle Pad Pro"

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Load up Resident Evil, asked if I wanted to use CPP, said "Yes", started game, works fine.

Loaded up MM again, selected my save file, game loaded, no questions about CPP, C Stick etc now work fine.

So either turning 3DS on/off or removing/restoring game has fixed it.

I've emailed Sky3DS with link to this thread so they can investigate if it's a bug with their cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.