Sky3ds "The game card was removed" every single rom inside sd

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rudyzhou2, Feb 5, 2015.

1. rudyzhou2
    OP

rudyzhou2 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    Hi all,

So i managed to finally revive my sky3ds after countltess tries.... but I have encountered this problem now... usually 1/2 minute past the game screen, i get this error and i tried reburning rom with different disc writer versions and/or templates but its still giving me the problem.

I tried my 3ds with retail game cards and all of them play fine...

Any hints...

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    From what I've read, if there's a sky issue, unless your sky card is pooped it usually lies on the memory card problem.

3. rudyzhou2
    OP

rudyzhou2 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    that is what i am going to try next, i tried with both sandisk 32gb c10 and adata c10 card both gave me same error.. tomorrow i ma run and get a sandisk extreme since i hear people have it with great results! but its just so weird and i googled around nobody seems to be having this problem

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Try on a different system?

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Yup, I just posted in another thread I'll buy the sandisk extreme pro and see if I can minimize the game load times.

6. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    a couple of tips about most flash cart devices especially ones with external storage support
    Clean the contacts of your card with rubbing alcohol
    use a can of compressed air(you can pick one up at a computer store some convenience stores carry them) to clean the SD Card slot
    clean the SD card with rubbing alcohol
    lastly use the panasonic sd formatter with the full(Overwrite) https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

7. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    Did the SKY3DS flashed blue light while you put it in your 3ds? will it because of the defective sky3ds?

Exavold likes this.
  8. rudyzhou2
    OP

rudyzhou2 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    i am wondering about it being defective but i d hate to do an exchange... My sky can read and show games in console so I feel like if it is it could only be problem with 1.) bad contacts on tf card slot or 2) bad microsd card... but i m using sandisk ultra c10 so damn it so annoying

9. tony_2018

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    If you've already tried another mSD and its still happening then the next step is to ask for an rma. The longer you wait the shorter the window you have to do an rma, keep that in mind.

10. rudyzhou2
    OP

rudyzhou2 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Canada
    Montreal, Quebec
    problem is alrdy over rma period... but apparently i think i managed to fix the problem by inserting ap iece of paper along with my sd card... so indeed it was a tf card slot bad contact issue... i ll see if the seller can still give me exchange...

11. tony_2018

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

Make sure they understand that the card is suppose to work without any modifications to the card and that if any modifications are required than you request an rma to get it replaced to ensure any future issues.

12. wxppf

wxppf Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2008
    United States
    Have the exact same issue.. gonne try the paper trick also 2morrow

13. Kayleea

Kayleea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Is there other ways to solve this problem except for insert a piece of paper ?