sky3ds save to .cia save in a gateway emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by reiyu, Sep 13, 2015.

1. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    trying to transfer my mh4u save in my sky3ds to a .cia i installed in my gateway emunand. is this possible?

2. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    Possible with the help of CFW. You can export save from Sky using NTR or Ninjhax, the data will be already decrypted and can be used with SDF. In emunand you just need to create a new save file in game then quit the game, export the save with SDF, overwrite the files in SDF's export folder with those you got using NTR / Ninjhax. Then return to SDF and import the save again.

Rory Kinape likes this.
  3. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    where can i find the ninjhax version of SDF? i have a .cia one but then i can't use it on the gateway enabled 3ds since the 3ds slot only works on classic mode, where .cias don't actually work.

4. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    No there's no SDF on ninjhax. You need some other home-brew to help you out. One possible option is:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-backing-up-and-editing-saves-using-ironhax-tubehax.396379/
    Note that this plugin can only work on Ninjhax 2.0+. Just run the homebrew launcher, switch to MH, then run the plugin and export the save.

5. reiyu
    OP

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    seems like it's more complicated than i thought. thanks for the tips though!

6. Rory Kinape

Rory Kinape Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2015
    Brazil
    I've just tested this with Donkey Kong CR and it worked like a charm! Thanks!