Hacking SKY3DS save game advice please.

solidamber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi OK I got my sky3ds/N3ds but I am a little confused about saves, I have searched but that has me more confused.
So I play a game but it wont save to the sky3ds micro sd until I exit the game and press the blue button, to move to the next game? and game saves wont load unless i press the blue button while inserting the card then take it out and re insert? have I got that right?

kopgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3ds has a memory itself so it holds your eeprom save data there. When you press the bule botton, it saves from that memory to microsd card.
Let's say if you played a game, saved it and after that you take out your micro sd card and backup your save. Last save won't be there.
But let's say, you played the game, saved it and took out your sky3ds card from console. You played with another cartridge and put Sky3ds back in 3ds. Your save still be on its memory.

solidamber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So after playing press button to write the save to card, and if I take the sky3ds out after doing that just re insert the sky3ds and the game save will be there?......no need to press the button while inserting?

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. The only time you need to hold the button in while inserting is when you want to cycle back to the first game on the SD card. (After which you would remove and reinsert Sky3DS, wait for the flashing light to stop, and remove and reinsert Sky3DS once more.)

Reactions: solidamber

kopgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So after playing press button to write the save to card, and if I take the sky3ds out after doing that just re insert the sky3ds and the game save will be there?......no need to press the button while inserting?

If you're playing the same game, won't change the Sky3ds cartridge then you don't need to push the button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it