Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Then again. If all that was changed is the limit, the fact that it still acts like a retail 3DS cart thus is 50/50 future proof also reasonably stands

It isn't future proof, it can be blocked.. neimod has stated ways it could be done. It's like how Supercard 2 eventually could be detected on DS. Even in that case, SC2 was upgradable unlike this.. stop giving money to these clowns and wait for a proper method that works 1:1 (it can be blocked anyway). Or just get GW and be happy.

D

Deleted-355425

Hello people, I got one pretty important question.
On the tenth of this month, i ordered a Sky3DS via an official reseller (in this case : bestekauf). I did not pay though, so they awaited my payment. On the eleventh, the new Sky3DS arrived to the shop and replaced the other (the new one has the same article number). Today, I paid my card so I guess by tomorrow or the day after, they will ship it. Will they ship the new card or the old one?

why are you asking a forum full of random people, just email the store and ask them.

TeamSKY3DS

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.sky3ds.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Team Gatecrap... Okay, I'll bite... Why do you think Sky3DS is the best? All it does is allow piracy... And you have to click the button a ridiculous amount of times to get to your game. And it's $90? So, where's the positive here? That it works on 9.x?
The SKY3DS is compatible with every 3DS system and every FW! 100% Compatibility! If you care about good flashcards you should definitely buy a SKY3DS! Thanks for your interest!
If you are to represent SKY3DS i would advise you to not be rude about your competition. Its childish and doesn't represent you as a company well.
If that is rude for you you should look at what this Gateway team does! They just break other 3DS system without shame! SKY3DS will never do something like that!

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This still looks like an OK card for €20, a rip-off above that.

I feel the same, mostly because there seems to be nothing to allow any post-retail upgrades to carts, further evidenced by the release of a new cart that just takes off the 10 game limit.

The price will probably come down once Gateway's new solution has been released.

D

Deleted User

Devs from #3dsdev have confirmed SKY3DS can be blocked, so dont waste your money on this piece of crap flashcard called SKY3DS

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey gatewayfanboy. Chill down :) you can still kiss and hug your gw every night before sleep.

So the fact that I also say critics towards New 3DS mean I'm an old 3DS fanboy? That's funny to see how people who don't have arguments only say the others are fanboy.

It's hard to say to people to buy a product that cost higher than the other, which also offer less possibilities and which will probably be blocked soon or later, but if some people prefer to buy a SKY3DS, I have nothing against that. Personally, I was just answering to the guy who was talking about the brick, nothing more. It's like playing with fire and then complaining you burned your hand. Just don't play with fire and you won't burn your hand.

Note that if Sky3DS had directly released a no-limited version, I would have nothing to say against it, even if it cost higher and have less possibilities.

The SKY3DS is compatible with every 3DS system and every FW! 100% Compatibility! If you care about good flashcards you should definitely buy a SKY3DS! Thanks for your interest!

If that is rude for you you should look at what this Gateway team does! They just break other 3DS system without shame! SKY3DS will never do something like that!

Note that it happened because a company produced a clone and that most bricks happened to people who used the clones. First rule : Don't copy something if you can't properly crack protections that are inside. The rare few users that got bricked with a legit version got their 3DS replaced, one of the guy was on this board and confirmed it. The protection has never been here to brick their own users 3DS, it would be silly to hurt their own customers as it would just give them bad reputation and hurt their sells.

Not to mention we never heard of any new bricks since a while, I think it was 2.0.2b and meanwhile, they released 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6.

Why don't do like them and replace for free people that bought the first Sky3DS version and got screwed before criticize them? The actual trick to break the limit is just not noob-friendly at all.

diegofg2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still has no use for me.
Despite excited to play something in my 3DS (money running low since I bought a car) I'll pass the Sky3DS. I looking for region free (and that .cia support hooked me), be a weeaboo casual gamer for a day and play the New Love Plus + :P

And people should too; We waited 2 years for something, a month or two is not a big deal. Even those who updated their 3DS, Sky3DS works on 9.3, why GW shouldn't?

TeamSKY3DS

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.sky3ds.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Devs from #3dsdev have confirmed SKY3DS can be blocked, so dont waste your money on this piece of crap flashcard called SKY3DS
Nice try Team Gateway! But the SKY3DS can not get blocked! And even if it can get blocked we could make a new SKY3DS card that works on future FW! Thats no Problem!

Care to elaborate?
They break other 3DS from clone buyers! Please do not buy your card from them!

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Im not here to defend the Gateway people and that bricking topic that has been long discussed here, but as a potential costumer it is disappointing to see the spokesman call Gateway "Crapway". It is no argument, doesn't serve you well.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice try Team Gateway! But the SKY3DS can not get blocked! And even if it can get blocked we could make a new SKY3DS card that works on future FW! Thats no Problem!

So, your solution for card blocking is to make yet another card that your customer should buy, instead of bringing support for the card your customer already bought?
Ok, I take out the "€20 is good for this card", please start selling them for €5 in convenience stores as they seem fucking discardable.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
and they have to pay 90$ again? are u mad?

I was about to post the same. So, if it's blocked, people have to buy a new version :wtf:? Wouldn't it have been to produce a cart that is flashable, especially at this price...?

Don't buy clones? When I buy a cheap reproduction of something, I don't really except it to be safe and work correctly personally...

It's the clone producer fault anyway in this case, team gateway is only responsible for the few legit users that got bricked. If the clone producer would have done his work correctly, he would have cracked the protection and his customers wouldn't have their 3DS bricked. If I would buy an iphone copy and got it bricked because of an IOS protection, I wouldn't complain to Apple but to the clone producer, seems logic.

Reactions: Zidapi

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well, that actually is a problem. You just released a brand new card which has pissed several people off (because they bought a Sky3DS a few weeks back). Asking them to pay $90 dollars again would not be a problem for you, no - obviously. Why not make it updatable through software instead of promising new hardware after every sysnand update?

D

Deleted User

I was about to post the same. So, if it's blocked, people have to buy a new version :wtf:? Wouldn't it have been to produce a cart that is flashable, especially at this price...?

It is pointless to argue with this SKY3DS shill, but potential buyers should be informed that this the SKY3DS master plan !

If my friends ask me if they should buy a SKY3DS I will tell them to NEVER get a sky3ds for this reason, and tell them to get a Gateway 3ds instead.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Man, even the average user (like me) can tell you one or two flaws that can let Nintendo detect if the card is being used. SKY3DS fanboys/ AntiGWs/ people-overjustifying-their-bad-purchase will just refuse to believe in the FACTS.

Reactions: Ra1d

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is pointless to argue with this SKY3DS shill, but potential buyers should be informed that this the SKY3DS master plan !

If my friends ask me if they should buy a SKY3DS I will tell them to NEVER get a sky3ds for this reason, and tell them to get a Gateway 3ds instead.

Oh, personally, I can understand people don't want to buy a gateway for whatever reason (everyone have the right to have the opinion they want) but still, I would now advice them to wait until another better flashcart than the Sky3DS, if they just plan to release a new cart each time it's blocked. You better just buy original games then, it'll be cheaper (as it cost the price of three games).

Until tonight, I was still thinking SKy3DS was a nice solution for 9.3 users but now, I have some doubts, unfortunately... (I was hoping they wouldn't redo the same error they did with the first version and their limits, and so that the second version would be flashable).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when I thought I would never see a douchier and arrogant flash card company, but this SKY3DS guy, he really takes the cake, like, to the next level. At least Gateway supports customers and shows a degree of empathy. But these guys, their motto seems to be, "If our card doesn't work with your console, buy another one!" Wow, just freaking wow, this isn't rock bottom, this is beyond rock bottom :creep: The dude is a Grade A Douche Waffle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended