Sky3DS+ Private header, in settings.cfg for all games on cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 3DSBurg, May 5, 2017.

1. 3DSBurg
    OP

3DSBurg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2017
    United States
    Hello! So, I just got my Sky3DS+ (two buttons) and updated to the newest firmware (v130), running exFAT, and it works great!
    But, I want to play online. I know you need a private header to prevent Nintendo console ban, but I was wondering.. Even if I have "Create_per_game_setting=1" set, can I just put my private header in the "Default_gamesave_key=" field inside settings.cfg? From what I understand, if the Game.cfg value is null, it'll refer to the settings.cfg (since Game.cfg has higher priority than settings.cfg).
    Is this correct? I'm lazy and would like to just be able to set it once and forget it, and, I'm likely to forget at least one game..

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Can't really help with the above but regarding Sky3DS, private headers can't be sold here bc copyrighted material :£

3. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    iirc, you'd still need to manually go into each game's .cfg if you provided a header that doesn't match the chip id manufacturer for that game, and you won't know this until you try to go online and it doesn't let you because of the invalid .cfg file.

4. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    And remember to delete the sav file after doing that, otherwise the header is not changed.
    If you want to keep the content of the save use JKSM.

5. 3DSBurg
    OP

3DSBurg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2017
    United States
    What do you mean, "that doesn't match the chip ID manufacturer for that game"?

6. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4judnr/sky3ds_any_private_header_for_any_online_game_fix/

Edit: Basically, if you have a non-matching header, and the auto-generated .cfg file that Sky makes, will result in you getting an error if you try to connect online.

Edit2: Looking over the comments on that reddit guide, it seems, like Sky+ should automatically make the correct guesses on ChipID, but if it doesn't, you'd have to manually go into the problematic .cfg file and do it yourself.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise, May 5, 2017
  7. 3DSBurg
    OP

3DSBurg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2017
    United States