Hacking SKY3DS+ Pokemon Moon Online Play

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried searching this amongst the threads and came up with nothing. Don't know if this is a noob question.

So I have a SKY3DS+, got the new firmware and pokemon sun/moon work great! I have a private header successfully inserted into the games. When I go through the 30 mins of exposition and dialogue in Pokemon Moon, I am finally able to enter the "Festival Plaza" to connect to the trading system... That's when it says such features are not available on my game cart, please visit Nintendo, et al.

Not sure what to do here. The header was inserted properly (I actually had to delete the game data, make sure of this and go through another 30 mins of inescapable dialogue). Was the ROM created to block this feature for safety from ourselves or does Nintendo know I'm using a ROM? If they did, why am I not banned? If I KNEW what was wrong, I'd be willing to start over and go through the 30 mins a fourth time if it meant fixing the trading system! Please help!

I was reading some things that perhaps my private header is not compatible with the manufacturer of this game? Is that something?

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a chip manufactuer mismatch. Try and get one from a real sun or moon cart. :)

So that is to say you're suggesting I just buy it or... Using a public header would be silly and defeat the purpose, likely getting me banned.

Oh wait, you don't mean a header from a real cart. Chip ID... How might I go about doing that? Is it something that can safely be shared? Might you know of one?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
So that is to say you're suggesting I just buy it or... Using a public header would be silly and defeat the purpose, likely getting me banned.

Oh wait, you don't mean a header from a real cart. Chip ID... How might I go about doing that? Is it something that can safely be shared? Might you know of one?
What is your 3DS version?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

There are only 3 different chip manufacturers that are used, some games will only work with certain ones. You'll just have to try all 3 and find out which one works.
They are C2, 45 and AE.
Not sure how to add it on the Sky3DS+ though.
Edit: Apparently it's the 2 first characters of CART_ID.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only 3 different chip manufacturers that are used, some games will only work with certain ones. You'll just have to try all 3 and find out which one works.
They are C2, 45 and AE.
Not sure how to add it on the Sky3DS+ though.
Edit: Apparently it's the 2 first characters of CART_ID.

Well wait. The game WORKS. Would it work at all with the wrong chip code?

But you don't know how it works with SKY, so we can't really converse about this. Thanks, though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, just wondering

I don't even know what to say to this. You responded to my post to ask a random question for no reason?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well wait. The game WORKS. Would it work at all with the wrong chip code?

But you don't know how it works with SKY, so we can't really converse about this. Thanks, though!
Yes, it would work.
Before you change the chip ID you'll probably want to back up your save with JKSM as it might be corrupted by the change.

Reactions: hamstrman

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would work.
Before you change the chip ID you'll probably want to back up your save with JKSM as it might be corrupted by the change.

At this point, my game data is nonexistent. I've been deleting it with each adjustment knowing that my save data will prevent any changes... So there's nothing to lose! I just have to keep going through that long intro.

Thanks! I'll try this. So I just go into the cfg, go to CART_ID and just replace the first two numbers/letters? Then save and start the game?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
At this point, my game data is nonexistent. I've been deleting it with each adjustment knowing that my save data will prevent any changes... So there's nothing to lose! I just have to keep going through that long intro.

Thanks! I'll try this. So I just go into the cfg, go to CART_ID and just replace the first two numbers/letters? Then save and start the game?
Yup. Edit the game specific config though, or it will mess up other games.

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Edit the game specific config though, or it will mess up other games.

Welp, none of them work! Nothing changes. I tried Smash Bros online features and that too says I cannot use online features with this game cart.

However, I put in my legit cartridges of Pokemon X/Y and the GTS still works, so I'm not banned. They just seem to know I'm using a SKY cart. Is no one else having this issue or what??

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SKy3ds current template intentionally creates an invalid private header to stop you from going online and getting banned.

This error is caused by not having a valid header. a mistake was made somewhere.

Last edited by Zaphod77,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS+ here. Mine goes online just fine. However, mine has a matching header. I would know, since my header actually comes from my own dump of Pokemon Moon. So yeah... something's up with your private header. Probably doesn't match the CHIP ID.

(Only own one because it was given to me a long while back when I installed A9LH for a friend)

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SKy3ds current template intentionally creates an invalid private header to stop you from going online and getting banned.

This error is caused by not having a valid header. a mistake was made somewhere.

Oh wow. I kind of suspected it was on purpose. Too bad... I have a friend willing to just trade me stuff for garbage and I can't.

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So to rereply to what I misread, you were just saying the template creates an invalid header in the event that one has an invalid one or none at all, right?

So I will go speak to my friend who got me the header in the first place! I'm beginning to wonder if I ever used online services at ALL in the last 2 years.

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay my friend hasn't dealt with anything 3DS since he gave me the header.

Can someone show me what the SKY cfg file should look like for this game leaving the header blank? Just so I can see which CART_ID is in there, FLASH_ID, etc. Or is that unique to the user and shouldn't be shared?

hamstrman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much to Temptress Cerise for helping me solve my problem! If anyone else has this issue, you can PM me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay