Hacking Sky3DS Online Ban Questions

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Questions:
1. Will I be banned if I play a pirated game while connected to the internet or will I be banned if I play multiplayer?
2. Is it possible to edit your header on Sky3DS? If so, how?
3. If I get banned, can I still play multiplayer with someone in the same room? I think you know what I mean.

1. yes, if you use a public header. you can dump your game headers from your own games using a powersave.
2. yes it is possible. you can either manually edit the template file or use no sky no ban.
3. yes, you can play ad-hoc even if you're banned. nintendo only bans you from online game access.

Reactions: ChengCheng

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

002-123 isn't a ban, that's a problem with your access point, or your template.

Not trying to start an argument - simply stating that a cut and paste replacement of the header line in the Sky Template for your game is the easiest method. I'm using it for two N3DS systems and I go online with both of them playing OR/AS, MH4U, SSB, and can get regional scores for NES Remix.

Now, I am looking for an education on PastaCFW and rxTools for a 6.2 O3DS, but I posted that question on the 3DS CFW n00b thread

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
002-123 isn't a ban.

Not trying to start an argument - simply stating that a cut and paste replacement of the header line in the Sky Template for your game is the easiest method. I'm using it for two N3DS systems and I go online with both of them playing OR/AS, MH4U, SSB, and can get regional scores for NES Remix.

Now, I am looking for an education on PastaCFW and rxTools for a 6.2 O3DS, but I posted that question on the 3DS CFW n00b thread

No, it's not a ban. It's a result of using a header with the wrong IDs. Most header will work for most games, but not all.
Which means you wouldn't even be able to go online until it was corrected.

You're better off asking in Pasta & RXs respective threads.
iirc rxTools was handed over to Pasta / Pasta will be updating under rxTools from now on(?)

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've looked around for what I'm about to ask and I haven't got a definite answer.

Let me make clear the fact that I am not banned.

I'm on firmware 9.7

Questions:

1. Will I be banned if I play a pirated game while connected to the internet or will I be banned if I play multiplayer?

2. Is it possible to edit your header on Sky3DS? If so, how?

3. If I get banned, can I still play multiplayer with someone in the same room? I think you know what I mean.

Note to Gateway Nazis:

No, I will not buy another console with a lower firmware and I will not buy a Gateway.
1) If you inject a Header form YOUR OWN GAME (!) then you wont be banned
2) I think with No Ban No Sky or another Progamm
3) You can play local with other players ( Yes you can)

Father Crilly

GBAtemp's Phoney Priest
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nintendo only bans you from online game access.

I'm pretty sure that I heard somewhere that they ban you from other online services as well. However, they're nice enough to still let you feed them money with the eShop.

3) You can play local with other players ( Yes you can)

I played coop with my brother and I didn't get banned (yet). The game I was playing doesn't have online multiplayer AFAIK.

The only thing I'm afraid of is playing a game while connected to the internet. Just in case it connected to the Nintendo network itself (even if I didn't try to play multiplayer) with the same header that 500 other people have used.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure that I heard somewhere that they ban you from other online services as well. However, they're nice enough to still let you feed them money with the eShop.

I played coop with my brother and I didn't get banned (yet). The game I was playing doesn't have online multiplayer AFAIK.

The only thing I'm afraid of is playing a game while connected to the internet. Just in case it connected to the Nintendo network itself (even if I didn't try to play multiplayer) with the same header that 500 other people have used.
You must dump a Own Game and extract the Header an then you can play online with ALL games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate