ROM Hack Sky3ds - no clue how to use it..

sham690

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Completely new to this scene so apologies in advance.
Just received sky3ds today blue button.
Thought it was just plug and play.
Anyway, downloaded the template file, and the disk writer.
Formatted a 2gb samsung micro sd, converted 2 games with disk writer , put the sky 3ds in the 3dsxl and nothing.
It says "nothing inserted into the game card slot"

I read something about a launcher.dat but can't seem to get it on the card as if I format the card using disk writer I can only write games to it, if I format it with pc I can get launcher.dat on it but can't copy game files to it?
Am I doing something stupid or could it be the brand of sd?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated , I am. Running version 9.5.0-23e

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

D

Deleted User

Launcher.dat is for Gateway users. If you've put the roms on your microSD card in your Sky3DS then you need to press the button on the top when you insert it in your 3ds. You really need to read about the product before buying it, but you would be really unlucky if you bought the Gateway 3DS that can only be used for 4.5-9.2

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.sky3ds.com/product.html

4. Initial SKY3DS:
Power on your 3ds console , hold to press red/blue button with finger, insert to 3DS Slot with your sky3ds , it will not display any game icon on screen. Pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS again , the LED light will flashing fast, the game icon still doesn’t display. Again, pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS, LED light flashing and turn off in few seconds, this means the first game save data has been read EEPROM normally from MicroSD card, you can play to enjoy it.

sham690

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, I did read up on it, you tube videos etc, seemed straight forward.
It's definitely compatible with my ds , I tried the initial steps but it didn't work.
Maybe I will try it again.
Thanks again.

sham690

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Going to buy another msd tomorrow, only.had the 2gb one spare, formatted using the disk writer app so not sure what format that is.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Samsung EVO 32 GB and 64GB MicroSD with the Sky3DS. Be sure it's pushed in all the way and eject the Sky3DS cart and put it back in if the game doesn't show up right away.

Might be worth it to try another ROM, in case you're working with a bad copy.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received my Sky3ds and it doesn't want to play either. I'm using a Sandisk 32gb that worked perfect in my Gateway. I heard that Windows 8 & 8.1 might not work right with the Disk-Writer. Can anyone confirm this?? I've tried different SD cards and it won't work on my New 3ds XL or my older 3ds system that I paly my Gateway on.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just received my Sky3ds and it doesn't want to play either. I'm using a Sandisk 32gb that worked perfect in my Gateway. I heard that Windows 8 & 8.1 might not work right with the Disk-Writer. Can anyone confirm this?? I've tried different SD cards and it won't work on my New 3ds XL or my older 3ds system that I paly my Gateway on.
Just run in compatibility mode, and confirm it for yourself. Try windows 7 or XP.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works perfectly fine with Windows 8.1. I'm playing Monster Hunter 4 right now. Follow the initial steps, like I posted.

Reactions: elm

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.sky3ds.com/product.html

4. Initial SKY3DS:
Power on your 3ds console , hold to press red/blue button with finger, insert to 3DS Slot with your sky3ds , it will not display any game icon on screen. Pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS again , the LED light will flashing fast, the game icon still doesn’t display. Again, pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS, LED light flashing and turn off in few seconds, this means the first game save data has been read EEPROM normally from MicroSD card, you can play to enjoy it.

"Beware" You are a genius, my brother from another mother (LOL). It worked! So do I have to do this every time I take out the Sky3ds card ??

D

Deleted User

"Beware" You are a genius, my brother from another mother (LOL). It worked! So do I have to do this every time I take out the Sky3ds card ??
You don't have to do it everytime, I just plug my sky3ds and the game shows, if I press the button once it skips, it's quite straightforward.

Reactions: elm

sham690

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just an update, got sorted.
I probably failed to mention that I was using a windows VM run from a Mac.
It seems that disk writer didnt like it, I got a couple of 16gb sandisk msd cards , used a windows laptop I was fixing for a friend and it worked perfectly.
The blue button didnt work to skip games but I'll deal with that now..
Thanks all for tips and advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night