Hacking Sky3ds+ & N3DS --> game patches

FrankVVV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I just bought a N3DS (firmware 9.0) and a Sky3ds+. For now, I'm not intending to play online, but I would like to update games with the latest patches.

Is this almost risk free, or do I need to insert private headers?

If i do update games with the latest patches, will I get a firmware update nag?

ImInsane

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
u can update ur games without any risk, but u need to update ur fimware to download from eshop.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can update the games, I did it without any issue.

You will get the firmware update nag as you are not on the latest firmware, just don't update. If the game you want to play requires an update I don't know if the SKY3DS+ will work with modified rom. Worst case scenario the SKY3DS+ won't just load the game.

If you have a private header just put in the cfg file after it's been created and delete the sav file so the SKY3DS+ recreate it with the private header.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's on 9.0, just install a CFW. This would allow you to use .cia files for games where online is needed and have an up to date firmware (on emuNAND). And use .3ds files on your Sky when online isn't required.

FrankVVV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah thanks a good question I didn't think of!!! If I update some roms with patches online, will Sky3ds+ still work with it. Anyone already tested this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."