Hacking [Sky3ds+]I wonder if you can help me save my daughters Animal Crossing save...?

Atlantis_Risen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have moved onto CFW, but still use a Sky3ds+ sometimes, because my daughter has a ton of hours spent in her animal crossing character. When I fire up the game using the Sky3ds, suddenly the game doesn't offer her the option to continue her game, just start a new save.

I noticed on the SD card, that the game is called-

3DS1648 - Animal Crossing - New Leaf

but the save and cfg file are called this, which seems truncated-

3DS164~2

could this cause the problem? for some reason, the save file won't let me change the name. Is there any hope...?

thanks all.

Edit: I had also backed up my micro SD card to a windows 10 folder, and then reformatted and put all data back on the microSD card, if that matters. thx.

Last edited by Atlantis_Risen,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing - New Leaf (and Welcome Amiibo edition) has anti-cheating protection called "Secure Value". If you or your daughter triggered this in any way, the game will automatically delete the save progress.

If you backed up the save file before the deletion, try putting this copy back on the Sky3DS+ microSD card. Backup the decrypted form of the save with either Checkpoint, JKSM, or SaveDataFiler.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. does it delete the saved progress or just make it unreadable?
Triggering the anti save cheat will make the game detect you tampered the save. For Animal Crossing, you'll be asked to delete the data like the screen on the left. Once this is accepted, your save is permanently erased.

If you made a backup of that *.sav file before deletion, you can re-add it back on the Sky3DS+ flashcart's micro SD card, scroll the button to load up Animal Crossing on HOME Menu, and then backup the save with one of the save managers. Once backed up, you can restore the save back on the digital installed copy of the game with resetted Secure Value.

Atlantis_Risen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have actually managed to recover the save file using easeUS...thanks!

When you say this:

"If you made a backup of that *.sav file before deletion, you can re-add it back on the Sky3DS+ flashcart's micro SD card, scroll the button to load up Animal Crossing on HOME Menu, and then backup the save with one of the save managers. Once backed up, you can restore the save back on the digital installed copy of the game with resetted Secure Value."

What utility can I use for this?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

When you say this:

"If you made a backup of that *.sav file before deletion, you can re-add it back on the Sky3DS+ flashcart's micro SD card, scroll the button to load up Animal Crossing on HOME Menu, and then backup the save with one of the save managers. Once backed up, you can restore the save back on the digital installed copy of the game with resetted Secure Value."

There is a hex edit programs you can use HxD is a good one. Its the first set of bits on the garden_plus.dat file which needs to be changed.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you say this:

Checkpoint or JKSM will automatically take care of the secure value when you back up and restore the save.

Another way to reset the secure value is to delete a specific file on the nand.
  1. GodMode9 → [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010011/00000000
  2. Press (X) on 00000000<A> yes<A> yes → combo → <A> yes.
I only recommend this second method if you're comfortable using GodMode9, did any CTRTransfer or SysNAND restore from softbrick recovery, [ "SDTransfer" / decrypting / cloning / sharing ] your Nintendo 3DS folder to another system, and have multiple games you're not aware of which ones have the anti-cheat protection.

Atlantis_Risen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, just out of curiosity, the recovered save file name is shortened. Is that strange? Or are save files sometimes like that?

file name is

#DS164~2.sav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, just out of curiosity, the recovered save file name is shortened. Is that strange? Or are save files sometimes like that?

file name is

#DS164~2.sav
Files stored and hidden in cache are renamed shorthanded. Just rename it back to match the 3ds rom, and do the backup. You might want to use a separate SD card for both the rom and save, so as to not disturb that main SD card in case that isn't the correct save.

Atlantis_Risen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me for being such a JKSM noob. I selected the title animal crossing and pressed 'save data' which created a file. how do i restore the save? I don't see a menu option for that.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgive me for being such a JKSM noob. I selected the title animal crossing and pressed 'save data' which created a file. how do i restore the save? I don't see a menu option for that.
Just so we're on the same page, are you using the latest JKSM - 12/20/2018 as seen on the top screen?
  • Titles → ACNL → Save Data
    • A = Select
    • Y = Restore
    • X = Delete
    • Sel. = Adv. Mode
    • B = Back
You may want to check out Checkpoint v3.6.0 as it is a newer save manager with GUI and cartridge support.

Atlantis_Risen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so we're on the same page, are you using the latest JKSM - 12/20/2018 as seen on the top screen?
  • Titles → ACNL → Save Data
    • A = Select
    • Y = Restore
    • X = Delete
    • Sel. = Adv. Mode
    • B = Back
You may want to check out Checkpoint v3.6.0 as it is a newer save manager with GUI and cartridge support.

I am using that version. I found the save and then restored. It doesn't seem to have worked though. I appreciate all the help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmmm. Does the cart have a save right now on it to over write for acnl?
It has one save on it which is the one I found when I used easeUS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using that version. I found the save and then restored. It doesn't seem to have worked though. I appreciate all the help.

It has one save on it which is the one I found when I used easeUS.
Try Checkpoint. I know of one incident where JKSM wouldn't backup and restore the save for AC:NL.
Edit - Re-add the recovered save file back onto the flashcart's sd card before using Checkpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night