Hacking [sky3ds] i can't save/load any professor layton games (US)

mophinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i use sky3ds red button. i tried back up and restore save file, reinstall the game many times but still not work

i save the game but when i open the game again there is no load menu. just new game.
this happen to all Professor Layton games include VS Phoenix Wright

plz help

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is prof Layton a NAND game? Does diskwriter say EEPROM-NO or EEPROM-YES for Prof Layton ROM?

After restoring, cycle PAST your game. Make sure it writes to the mSD.

You had the game working before, you backed up the savedata in Diskwriter, then you deleted. Then you WRITE same ROM back and RESTORE savedata backup. Still NEW GAME?

Hrm, here's a shot in the dark... before you made savedata backup in Diskwriter, did you press redbutton to go to next game BEFORE inserting mSD into PC? If not, savegame was never saved and you made an empty backup.

Try new game. When you make new game, get to savepoint. PRESS HOME>CLOSE>now press red button on Sky3DS. Light should blink then go to next game. Yes?

Now backup that game in Diskwriter. Delete old game. Exit Diskwriter. Start over. WRITE game, restore savedata backup, load on 3DS. Only NEW GAME? Or does game have SAVEGAMESLOT?

Understand?

You need to go to NEXT GAME BEFORE BACKING UP SAVEDATA IN DISKWRITER. Or savedata no exist when you do so.

mophinz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Is prof Layton a NAND game? Does diskwriter say EEPROM-NO or EEPROM-YES for Prof Layton ROM?

After restoring, cycle PAST your game. Make sure it writes to the mSD.

You had the game working before, you backed up the savedata in Diskwriter, then you deleted. Then you WRITE same ROM back and RESTORE savedata backup. Still NEW GAME?

Hrm, here's a shot in the dark... before you made savedata backup in Diskwriter, did you press redbutton to go to next game BEFORE inserting mSD into PC? If not, savegame was never saved and you made an empty backup.

Try new game. When you make new game, get to savepoint. PRESS HOME>CLOSE>now press red button on Sky3DS. Light should blink then go to next game. Yes?

Now backup that game in Diskwriter. Delete old game. Exit Diskwriter. Start over. WRITE game, restore savedata backup, load on 3DS. Only NEW GAME? Or does game have SAVEGAMESLOT?

Understand?

You need to go to NEXT GAME BEFORE BACKING UP SAVEDATA IN DISKWRITER. Or savedata no exist when you do so.

EEPROM-YES
thing is i can't "PRESS HOME>CLOSE>now press red button on Sky3DS"
because in order to play the game i need to hold the red button to stop the cycling and once i do that the light never stop blink, it keep blinking the whole time i play it. when i went back to home i press the red button and nothing happen, i try re-enter the game and there is load menu but once i close my 3ds and reopen the game the save file is gone again.

am i doing something wrong?

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last try...

Hold red button WHILE YOU PUT IN SKY3DS, hold down. All the time. No game show. Good.

Take out.

Put in. No game show? Good.

Take out.

Put in. No pressing button. Game show. Good. NOW press, no HOLD red button. Next game? Good.

If go to next game no press red button, bad. Auto-cycling.

Make sure game ROM .3DS. No eShop game. No .CIA game. No .3DZ game. GAME.3DS -ONLY-.

Try many games till next game stop. Always put more than 1 game so you can change. See if helps.

Or use EaseUS Partition Master to delete mSD ALL PARTITIONS.
Diskwriter>Format>Write>game1.3ds
Diskwriter>Write>game2.3ds
Diskwriter>Change Template>templateXXXX.txt (use latest)

Ok. Close Diskwriter.

Put mSD in Sky3DS

Try game 1 & 2.

NO PRESS RED BUTTON!!!! NO TOUCH!!!

Sky3DS IN>WAIT>NO GAME? GOOD.
Sky3DS OUT>WAIT
Sky3DS IN>WAIT>NO GAME? GOOD.
Sky3DS OUT>WAIT
Sky3DS IN>WAIT>GAME SHOW? GOOD. GAME STAY? VERY GOOD.
Sky3DS Red Button>PRESS (no hold)>NEXT GAME>GOOD.

NEXT GAME NO PRESS BUTTON? = Very Bad. Need new Sky3DS.

pinserz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am also having trouble with Layton and I have a blue Sky3DS. my save worked fine for a while but today I tried to load and my save was deleted. should i try backing up my save and restoring it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/