Tenacious Dingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So, I bought a Sky3DS+ today!
Formatted the SD card from my old Sky3DS to FAT32, cluster size 64kb, put some games on it, the gamelist.bin, inserted it on my 3DS, and... Nothing. Not a damn thing. Well, except for it lighting up in several colors when I insert it.
Is there something else I need to do, or is this thing defective?

koraner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump for great justice!

I'm having the same problem! I received a SKY3DS+ card back in January and I encountered this problem and I sent it back for a new one. Well Chinese New Year slowed down the shipments and I finally got my new one in today and it acts exactly the same way. I tried upgrading the firmware to v112 and still nothing!

I'm so frustrated. Anyone have an answer for this?

Tenacious Dingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What is the size of your SD card?
Are the games from your region?
My SD card is 16GB class 10, it's the same one I used for my Sky3DS (blue button) and it worked flawlessly with it.
They are my region, I backed them up from my old Sky3DS and put them on the thing. I also tried downloading Super Mario 3D Land (since it's the most generic thing that come to mind) and it didn't work.
However, I went back to the store trying to change it, and it worked fine on my console with the SD card they had on the store... So I'll buy another SD card and see what happens.

Last edited by Tenacious Dingo,

MuricanGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, but only with certain games. How are you formatting the SD cards? Are you using Windows formatter? If you are, try using SdFormatter. Supposedly it's the best formatter for the 3ds, You said that you're using V112? Try using V110 and see if that helps. What kind of SD card are you using? Kingston brand works well but only up to 16gb, anything over that and there's been complaints. Sandisk seems to have the best experience. Also, find out what SD card they guy at the store was using. Hope this helps.

Update* Solved. (at least on my Sky3ds.) I came across a forum where a person was having the same problem I was, they said that the problem wasn't with the Sky3ds cartridge but with the roms themselves. Supposedly, most of the roms online are copies of digital copies and not physical ones. This can lead to broken roms. I just tried downloading a rom from roms43, which is suppose to have physical copies of roms and one of the games that was not working (Etrian odyssey: millennium girl) worked. I suggest you look at the roms you have before returning your Sky3ds.

Last edited by MuricanGamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: