Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all!

First of all, i'm new here and if you think there's a better place to post this please let me know!

I've been having a problem with my sky3ds+ for a while now.
The problem is that for a lot of games, when i try starting them up, it gives the error of "The game card has removed" and go back to home etc. It started out i think about a year back, i don't really remember anything that could have caused this problem. I was just playing the one minute and the second it gave errors. Before that, the card and it's games where all working fine.
I've tried out all different sorts of games. There is only 1 game i have found so far that hasn't done this. This 1 game starts up fine like it should and works perfectly. It's just all the others don't anymore?

I've tried different files, downloaded from different sources to see if the download file was maybe the problem but it seems not since 1 game from 2 different sources didn't work both times. I have a 3DS and a new 2DS, of which the 3DS is now at ver. 11.10.0-43 and the 2DS at 11.9.0-42. Both have the problem, and it didn't start after an update so i don't think that's the problem either. The Sky itself has got V140 but also didn't start after that update. I've tried formatting the SD card (a samsung evo 32 GB) in different formats, set it up all over like i did the first time.. Nothing has worked.

Does anyone have suggetstions as what I still can try or where the fault might be? Someone to contact to who might know a sollution? If not, please also let me know because every now and then i start tackeling this problem again and continuously without result, so maybe it might be time to stop looking for one.

Thanks in advance!

In short: All games give a "card has been removed" error except 1 game. What to do?

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I have 6 sky3ds plus and it happened to me once before while playing on one of them. I only use three of the six. Try to clean/blow your sky3ds plus, don't let them fall to the ground alot because they will break.

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mohammed2935 said:
I have 6 sky3ds plus and it happened to me once before while playing on one of them. I only use three of the six. Try to clean/blow your sky3ds plus, don't let them fall to the ground alot because they will break.

But how come 1 game is still working fine if it would be broken?

I've cleaned it out lots so i don't think that could be it either. It's not that it doesn't read the card like it really would be removed, but it just gives that error. If i go back to home it still there, no need to insert it again and buttons are still working right after. The light doesn't become green again like when it does when you put the card in the slot.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
But how come 1 game is still working fine if it would be broken?

I've cleaned it out lots so i don't think that could be it either. It's not that it doesn't read the card like it really would be removed, but it just gives that error. If i go back to home it still there, no need to insert it again and buttons are still working right after. The light doesn't become green again like when it does when you put the card in the slot.
Try to redownload games from different website.

Use winrar to extract them, because others could corrupt the game.

Don't use your pc while extracting 3ds games nor while downloading sometimes it corrupt files.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to redownload games from different website.

Use winrar to extract them, because others could corrupt the game.

Don't use your pc while extracting 3ds games nor while downloading sometimes it corrupt files.

As i've said in the OP, i already tried different sites. Not the fix.
I always use winrar to extract them. I do use my computer so i might try that differently.
But the files i have all worked fine once. They just stoped working somehow.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
As i've said in the OP, i already tried different sites. Not the fix.
I always use winrar to extract them. I do use my computer so i might try that differently.
But the files i have all worked fine once. They just stoped working somehow.
Try extracting without using your PC and then we will see.

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mean like no side things right? It's not working.

It does make save files though for every game i tried to open

Last edited by Lyrae,

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have tried formatting to exfat, and fat32 and fat64..
I don't have a spare SD but I highly doubt the problem is in the SD since the one game is working well like it should..

Actually come to think of it i did try a different SD i pulled out of a camera once.. So that didn't work either or i wouldn't have been here lol

Last edited by Lyrae,

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried already :P
It's not that it doesn't read them, it doesn't load the game. Even before the "3DS" image comes it says that the gamecard has been removed.
I can see and by multiple scroll even through every game i put on there. They just don't work, except the one.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I tried already :P
It's not that it doesn't read them, it doesn't load the game. Even before the "3DS" image comes it says that the gamecard has been removed.
I can see and by multiple scroll even through every game i put on there. They just don't work, except the one.

Hmm download the update for sky3ds plus again from the official website and reflash it again. What is the name of the game that works?

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've tried, not working. But i'm not sure i could reinstal the V140 since the card allready has that?
The game that is working is tomodachi life.

Lyrae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In that case, yes i tried numerous times.
Actually found the extra SD on which i tried before (bin file was even on there still lol) and again tried with no luck.
I mailed sky3ds today so i hope maybe they know something.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
In that case, yes i tried numerous times.
Actually found the extra SD on which i tried before (bin file was even on there still lol) and again tried with no luck.
I mailed sky3ds today so i hope maybe they know something.
Did you reflash it? I just bought dragon quest 8 from the eshop and transferred dragon quest 8 save file to it via Nintendo app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning