Hacking Sky3DS Freezing my 3DS

Trepidation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Sky3DS blue button and have updated to 3DS V9.5.0-23U. I was playing Monster Hunter 4 offline, and put my 3DS into sleep mode. When I booted it back up, I had an error screen saying my game had been ejected. I cycled to the next few games without issue, but when I got back to Monster Hunter 4, the 3DS froze up on the menu screen.

After this, if I try to boot it up with the Sky3DS inserted the 3DS will not load, and if I insert the Sky3DS it will freeze. I have tried removing Monster Hunter 4, reformatting my MicroSD, trying a different MicroSD and inserting the Sky3DS without a MicroSD inserted and it always freezes up once the 3DS registers the Sky3DS inserted.
Since this is happening without the MicroSD inserted I assume this is a problem with the Sky3DS card. Does anyone know of any debugging steps I might take?

Escamilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same problem like you, the r4depot site working guys told me that it was the micro sd card problem. Sky3ds needs good class micro sd card, so i changed one and it was solve.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
And a SD in the Sky3DS.
Make sure you have a good MH4 rom (preffered own dump or the scene release (not other offscene dump))
Format your sd with SD Formatter v4 and make sure you use the latest template (preffered with your own private header, but not needed)
Try to put MH4 only on it, if that works, try putting another game on it and see how it works out, if that's ok, put the rest back to your SD.

and like NoSmokingBandit says, use a descent class 10 SD, not some cheap no brand (I use Sandisk Ultra 32Gb class10)

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm odd, I did not play MH4U on it yet but other games function fine, played Zelda MM from start to finish without any freezes, but I had only one game freezing after constant putting in sleep mode, Bravely Default. And that was a contact issue with Sky itself not the micro sd.

I use a class 6 16gb card by the way.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a class 4 Kingston and it is 99% stable. I've had a few crashes when waking up my 3ds while playing Pokemon X, but I'm not sure if I hit the blue button by accident or not. I haven't had mine long enough to be sure.

A low-class good card is always better than a high-class junk card.

Trepidation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a new MicroSD card, reformatted it and the same issue happens. I can still hear the music playing, but the Home Menu is locked up and won't respond.

Since this is happening when there is no MicroSD card inserted, just the Sky3DS I don't know if it'll be a MicroSD issue.

Does anyone else have any other ideas I could try?

Trepidation

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never mind, I did a hard reset with my new MicroSD card while the Sky3DS was inserted and that seems to have fixed it. This didn't fix it with my old card, but it did with this one.

Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse