Hacking Sky3ds+ Firmware 11.3

nero7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I just bought a new 3ds xl with firmware 11.3, I'm still thinking if I should install cfw or just buy a sky3ds+. If I decide to buy a sky3ds+ and remain on firmware 11.3 will the flash card still work and play all the recent games, In case I want to install cfw later on.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get cfw, you can use flashcarts regardless of if you have cfw or not, sometimes only with cfw

3ds.guide if you wanna get cfw

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lacius

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It would be a huge waste of money to buy a Sky3DS, unless you found a super cheap one on online classifieds or something. It can't play all games (blue and red button have a bunch of games they can't play, and none can play any eShop exclusive game). Follow the guide linked in the post above mine. It is really easy, and if you get stuck there are loads of people here to help you.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Then I will give you another info why people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.
  • Sky3ds need a bit of data exclusive call "private header" to be able to go online.
  • This data can only obtain from another legitmate 3DS game cart (EShop version is not)
  • If your 3DS is on higher than 9.2 FW, you will also need "Power Saves" to get private header Sky3DS now come with SkyDock for this work.
  • Some games require the match private header size, so you may need to buy more than one legitmate 3DS game cart @Redferne claims that you can fix by editing a simple text file.
  • So, the total price: Sky3DS ($80) + Power Saves ($19) + One or more legitmate cart (Vary).
  • So you have to pay around $120 $100 atleast. While the price of brand new 2DSXL is $150. People also be able to find second hand 3DS/2DS around $80.
  • If you go online without private header, or using wrong private header size, you console may be get ban, which you need to buy another console to unban it too.
Although CFW has a large ban wave not long ago, disable share data & spotpass should allow you to be safe. Also CFW won't require money to install (unless you need hardmod).
That's the reason people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.

Last edited by nechigawara,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then I will give you another info why people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.
  • Sky3ds need a bit of data exclusive call "private header" to be able to go online.
  • This data can only obtain from another legitmate 3DS game cart (EShop version is not)
  • If your 3DS is on higher than 9.2 FW, you will also need "Power Saves" to get private header
  • Some games require the match private header size, so you may need to buy more than one legitmate 3DS game cart
  • So, the total price: Sky3DS ($80) + Power Saves ($19) + One or more legitmate cart (Vary).
  • So you have to pay around $120 atleast. While the price of brand new 2DSXL is $150. People also be able to find second hand 3DS/2DS around $80.
  • If you go online without private header, or using wrong private header size, you console may be get ban, which you need to buy another console to unban it too.
Although CFW has a large ban wave not long ago, disable share data & spotpass should allow you to be safe. Also CFW won't require money to install (unless you need hardmod).
That's the reason people here recommend CFW over Sky3DS.
While everybody agrees that CFW is better there is no need to spread misinformation.

SKY3DS+ now comes with Skydock that allow you to dump cart and private header for the same price so no need to buy a Powersave.
It will work whatever firmware you have.
The mismatch header can be fixed be editing a simple text file no need to buy/get another cart.

The day Nintendo will compare the installed CIA against your purchase history you're fucked. That won't happen with a SKY3DS+.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
While everybody agrees that CFW is better there is no need to spread misinformation.

SKY3DS+ now comes with Skydock that allow you to dump cart and private header for the same price so no need to buy a Powersave.
It will work whatever firmware you have.
The mismatch header can be fixed be editing a simple text file no need to buy/get another cart.

The day Nintendo will compare the installed CIA against your purchase history you're fucked. That won't happen with a SKY3DS+.
Thanks for correcting me. Since my info is only from GBAtemp searching long ago, which never tell me about Skydock or simple text file.

Edit: I don't think CFW users will be fucked if they disable share data & spotpass. This way, I don't think Nintendo gonna know what 3DS installed.
Unless they change how the data send to their server.

Last edited by nechigawara,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for correcting me. Since my info is only from GBAtemp searching long ago, which never tell me about Skydock or simple text file.

Edit: I don't think CFW users will be fucked if they disable share data & spotpass. This way, I don't think Nintendo gonna know what 3DS installed.
Unless they change how the data send to their server.
You don't need to buy a game. Just have a friend lend you a single player game to get its private header. It's not a problem when you have to make a DSi transfer with another 3DS so why would it be hold against the SKY3DS+? It's easier to find someone with a game than someone with a CFW and the proper DSi game.
Since firmware 112 or 113, the editing cfg is not necessary anymore (unless I was very lucky and tried only game with that matched my private header).
I have no idea what you refer to with wrong header size. All header have the same size.
If you go online without a private header you *might* get a temporary ban. It's very likely though.

Disabling spotpass only prevent sharing of some data not everything and most likely not the info collected for the ban. It might help staying under the radar, the thing is we don't know.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tell a flashcarts reseller that you're a big YouTuber and they'll send you a review copy. I got a 5th Sky3DS+ and the SkyDock a week before they announced it.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I used to have a Sky3DS+ before I hard moded my N3DSLL to have CFW.

My conclusion would be: go for CFW, even if you need to pay for it. Way better than using a Sky3DS+.

You can do everything Sky3DS+ can do with CFW, plus tons of other features.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tell a flashcarts reseller that you're a big YouTuber and they'll send you a review copy. I got a 5th Sky3DS+ and the SkyDock a week before they announced it.

Backup your own games and play them is one thing. Fraud is a whole new level. I wouldn't recommend someone to try this. The got the balls to go against Nintendo and the feds to make money, imagine what they would do when you they found it out and conveniently knew your home address and real name.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You don't need to buy a game. Just have a friend lend you a single player game to get its private header. It's not a problem when you have to make a DSi transfer with another 3DS so why would it be hold against the SKY3DS+? It's easier to find someone with a game than someone with a CFW and the proper DSi game.
Since firmware 112 or 113, the editing cfg is not necessary anymore (unless I was very lucky and tried only game with that matched my private header).
I have no idea what you refer to with wrong header size. All header have the same size.
If you go online without a private header you *might* get a temporary ban. It's very likely though.

Disabling spotpass only prevent sharing of some data not everything and most likely not the info collected for the ban. It might help staying under the radar, the thing is we don't know.
Like I said before, wrong header size is what I found when I was searching about Sky3DS here long ago, so yeah, it's outdated.
I admited it and fixed my post earlier. So how's that "hold against the SKY3DS+"?

And about lend you a single player game, I think I remember I found info (yeah, from this site forum) about someone getting ban by using single player game header.
If this also wrong, am sorry then. But, well, I still recommend to buy your own game for the header to make sure it will be "private".
About baning, I just search the info on the internet, the purchase data still tied to NNID which tied to physical system.
Unless you do system transfer or calling them. Mean that purchase data can't be access except with those 2 options.
That's why I think disable spotpass & share data is enough. Well, that's just my opinion though.
If that data can be check easily, all people with CFW should already go boom, not some of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end