ROM Hack sky3ds error "this game card cannot be used"

trashcan3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys!

I have the newest sky3ds and also the newest diskwriter. All games are working fine (e.g. Monster Hunter 4, Zelda, Animal Crossing, ...).But when i try Pokemon alpha (EU rom, cause my 3ds is from europe) there´s the following error: "this game card cannot be used". At first i thought the ROM is broken or something and so I tried another one. But it´s always the same (with Pokemon omega, too).

Does somebody else had this problem and knows what to do? Am I missing something?

Please help!

Thx

trashcan3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm, i´m not sure...

I downloaded them here: *ROM SITE*
and then here: *ROM SITE*

both times the same error. Does this help?

Thx anyway.

D

Deleted User

To be honest, both of those ROMs could be US, even though one says it's a EUR ROM. Try looking somewhere else, maybe?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is some tool you can use to see information on the ROM, including the region.
Can someone provide the name? (I am senile already and can't remember)

D

Deleted User

There is some tool you can use to see information on the ROM, including the region.
Can someone provide the name? (I am senile already and can't remember)

I can't remember what it's called either, but I'll look it up and give a link.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah sounds like US roms, also pokemon is one of those "special" games, where its the actual exact same game for all regions (hence why a US rom will actually show up on a EU system) in those special cases (which afaik only applies to pokemon X/Y/OR/AS) the region lock is determined why what region system update is included on the cart, if its the wrong region you will get the "this game card cannot be used" message, which suggest you have just downloaded the wrong region rom

D

Deleted User

yeah sounds like US roms, also pokemon is one of those "special" games, where its the actual exact same game for all regions (hence why a US rom will actually show up on a EU system) in those special cases (which afaik only applies to pokemon X/Y/OR/AS) the region lock is determined why what region system update is included on the cart, if its the wrong region you will get the "this game card cannot be used" message, which suggest you have just downloaded the wrong region rom

Isn't there a way to swap a 3DS ROM's region, too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs