• Total voters

xjoelx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i have a little question, i have a private header to play online, but have i to use the CHIP ID given by sky3ds team in template file? I read something something about skarmyknives tool and people say that the CHIP id that they got from knves tool, is the same given by sky3ds team.. so, would be "enough" just keeping it to "avoid" ban risk?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. Just copy and paste the unknown I'd from the original sky3ds temp. Or just click on auto fill. And it will grab it for you. all you are changing is the unique id to the one from a private dump. All others slots (save type,card type etc...) must match the original template file That sky3ds provides.

Also be aware there are 3 types of manufacturers with "C2" being one of them. If you wish to play online with a C2 game your private header must be from a C2 game. And the same for the other 2 or else you will get the error message 002-0123.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also be aware there are 3 types of manufacturers with "C2" being one of them. If you wish to play online with a C2 game your private header must be from a C2 game. And the same for the other 2 or else you will get the error message 002-0123.
Correlation does not equal causation - sometimes you get that error and sometimes you don't. You can always fiddle around with the manufacturer byte in the ID or do some other shenanigans, there's no "official" way of performing this procedure and approaches vary drastically. Sky's own SkyTempIDEdit changes both the Unique ID and the Cart ID to the donor header's infos, No Ban No Sky only changes the Unique ID, I personally like fiddling around with this "until it works". If you want a good pointer, be sure to press the game cycle button before re-starting the game. I don't know whether the Sky cart copies its template into the on-board memory or not, but in the event that it does, just putting a new copy onto the SD card may be insufficient when it comes to refreshing the header infos. Anywho, good luck to everyone and be persistent. :P

Reactions: [^Blark^]

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for misinformation. I've just restated what I've readon other threads. I haven't actually tested it myself. I only have dumped C2 games which all mine are except for my SSB which I haven't dumped yet. I never experienced the 002-0123 error so I never tried for a fix Just read what others have done.

Thanks Foxi4 for correcting my statement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night