Hacking sky3ds blue button vs red button

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, is there any difference (hardware level) between the two sky3ds on the market? I was thinking about buying the red button one since it cost less than the other one, and as far as I understand they broke the 10 games limitation. Any suggestion?

Reactions: Queno138

Davidb9310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, is there any difference (hardware level) between the two sky3ds on the market? I was thinking about buying the red button one since it cost less than the other one, and as far as I understand they broke the 10 games limitation. Any suggestion?
the red button sky3ds have limit of 10 games, the blue one don't have.

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the red button sky3ds have limit of 10 games, the blue one don't have.

But hasn't the sky3ds official website gave a file that allows us to play more than 10 games? I'm pretty sure about this, all I wanted to know is if there are any other differences other the the color of the button :P

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
But hasn't the sky3ds official website gave a file that allows us to play more than 10 games? I'm pretty sure about this, all I wanted to know is if there are any other differences other the the color of the button :P

The only difference is the 10 game limit as you're aware of. The 10 game limit has been broken but it is more of a 'hassle' compared to the blue button card.
Other than that, I'm sure they're identical.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a blue and red button card. The blue button is easier to use. Just load all of your games and go, add and remove games at will.

The red button will remember the first 10 games written to it. After the first 10 games you get the auto scroll bug. It will show a game and then automatically switch to the next. It will keep going until you get back to one of your original 10 games. The way that you select one of the auto scroll games is to hold the red button down for a few seconds as soon as the game you want to play shows up and then press "A". It's not that bad, just a little annoying.

Some people use two memory cards for the red button sky. One for the first 10 games and another for the rest. The first card will not auto scroll if you do this but the second one will.

I just put everything on one card. 22 games in total.

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have both a blue and red button card. The blue button is easier to use. Just load all of your games and go, add and remove games at will.

The red button will remember the first 10 games written to it. After the first 10 games you get the auto scroll bug. It will show a game and then automatically switch to the next. It will keep going until you get back to 1 of your original 10 games. The way that you select one of the auto scroll games is to hold the red button down for a few seconds as soon as the game you want to play shows up and then press "A". It's not that bad, just a little annoying.

Some people use two memory cards for the red button sky. 1 for the first 10 games and another for the rest. The first card will not auto scroll if you do this but the second one will.

I just put everything on one card. 22 games in total.

Thanks for you answer, that was what I was looking for.
I'd probably choose between the red button sky3ds and the gateway if it's real that this monday will supporto n3ds as well.

Alluro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a red card sky, and play a game that would auto scroll requiring a red button press + A, when you restart the system is that game still loaded and ready to go or would you have to auto scroll every time you play?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you restart the system that game will be the first to be displayed and will not auto scroll.

Alluro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand the red card sky has a ten game limit, while the blue one does not. Can anyone explain hardware wise what is going on to implement the limit? Does the blue card have more memory or is it part of the internal programming on the red card? Spec wise, is there any difference between the two cards?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone have a picture of the blue pcb? Is there any difference with the red one?
There should be a difference right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr