Hacking Sky3DS behavior on CFW/emunand?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I just ordered a motherboard on less-than-9.3 firmware to do some research with, and I'm curious about how my Sky cart will behave.

I'm aware I can run region-free on 4.5, and up to 7.1 with a little bit of tweaking (Though I don't really wanna bother with older GW software anyways).
Would I be able to run modified ROMs (modified in such a way that'd break signatures) from my Sky cart whilst in classic mode, though? I feel like the patches required for this wouldn't be in place in classic mode, but I figure there's a chance. Has anyone tested this?

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
this is interesting , I would like to know if I'll get region-free if i was in classic MT-EmuNAND

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there would be some template compatibility issues with modified roms. Even if you were able to burn it, I doubt it would work.

The Sky3DS is designed to emulate an official card, and as such doesn't have homebrew capabilities.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey all! I just ordered a motherboard on less-than-9.3 firmware to do some research with, and I'm curious about how my Sky cart will behave.

I'm aware I can run region-free on 4.5, and up to 7.1 with a little bit of tweaking (Though I don't really wanna bother with older GW software anyways).
Would I be able to run modified ROMs (modified in such a way that'd break signatures) from my Sky cart whilst in classic mode, though? I feel like the patches required for this wouldn't be in place in classic mode, but I figure there's a chance. Has anyone tested this?

No, diskwriter only write roms it recognizes, if you alter the rom diskwriter will not recognize it anymore, unless you have a way to make your own template information for a new/altered game.
Sky3ds won't tell you how to do it :/

As far as my testing has gone with gateway in combination with sky3ds, sky3ds works fine under classic mode on your 3ds with roms that match the template file.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would not matching the template matter? The template's only used for patching headers, afaik. Switching the SHA1 also wouldn't be an issue. All of this is useless, though, without patches to allow modified ROMs to run. That's definitely something I'll be looking into (I really need to make a list of all the concurrent things I'm trying to do, I keep forgetting them...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes