Hacking Sky3ds and Online, what are my options?

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Sky3ds is getting here on friday and with all the "Ban Hammer" subject going on I was wondering if I would need to install my own Private Header, if so can I get the private header with a sky3ds and a legit retail cart? (for example Pokemon Y)

TheSockNaster

Kawaii
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would stay at the version you are at use the sky3ds and never update or else they could of patched it, but no they will not be able to ban you unless you update it and they find the sky3ds files or if you give it to them to repair. (if you wanna update the 3ds with sky3ds take out the sd card and sky3ds then update and if you wanna repair it do the same thing). Whatever you do. Try your hardest not to go online so much on the game (They can detect it that way).

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3ds is on an older version (9.2), then you can do the gateway exploit to dump the header from a legitimate game card. Apparently, no gateway card needed to do this.

Otherwise, find someone who DOES have an outdated 3ds firmware and try it on theirs. It's fairly hard to find someone willing to give you their header.

Reactions: KingxHyruler

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your 3ds is on an older version (9.2), then you can do the gateway exploit to dump the header from a legitimate game card. Apparently, no gateway card needed to do this.

Otherwise, find someone who DOES have an outdated 3ds firmware and try it on theirs. It's fairly hard to find someone willing to give you their header.

Yeah I'm on 9.5 so I pretty much have to stay offline whenever I use my Sky3ds it seems

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
002-0102 ban is irreversible.
So don't take the risk yourself.

Furthermore, 002-0102 is a server ban, it doesn't exist on your console so you're never able to remove it.

Radxical

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. On 9.5, using sky3ds.

You can:
  • Use street pass / spot pass
  • Leave Wifi on. E-shop, internet browser, and any retail game that you own (like a retail cart of Smash Bros) will work online
  • Use friends list
  • Play games that have online capabilities (like smash bros, animal crossing, pokemon) OFFLINE**. I still have Wifi toggled on and my friends can check their friendslist to see that I'm playing Animal Crossing, but I risk running a ban if I use the game's online capabilities

KingxHyruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. On 9.5, using sky3ds.

You can:
  • Use street pass / spot pass
  • Leave Wifi on. E-shop, internet browser, and any retail game that you own (like a retail cart of Smash Bros) will work online
  • Use friends list
  • Play games that have online capabilities (like smash bros, animal crossing, pokemon) OFFLINE**. I still have Wifi toggled on and my friends can check their friendslist to see that I'm playing Animal Crossing, but I risk running a ban if I use the game's online capabilities
ohh ok, so you can still use your 3ds online just not Roms on your sky3ds, I'll just turn my wifi off when I play on sky3ds then

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
or else they could of patched it

Sorry, I come to do my Grammar Nazi rounds of the night.
My question here is why? Why?
I have seen this so often lately and I cannot understand why young Americans like to write "could of".

PS: Of course maybe that is actually correct grammar but I am so old and grumpy that I haven't noticed out of senility.

Reactions: KingxHyruler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment